Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver released

Post by FlyTexas »

WarHorse47 wrote:
DaveB wrote:Cheers Paul ;)

Yup.. it's not a bad carrier model at all but I have to admit this entire affair has dampened whatever enthusiasm I had for it.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
It's okay. This too shall pass. Nothing is forever. :cheers:

--WH
Paul K wrote:Diamonds are forever, according to Shirley Bassey.
Yes, but I would hate to pass a diamond. :$

Brian

WarHorse47
Comet
Comet

Post by WarHorse47 »

FlyTexas wrote:
WarHorse47 wrote:

Yup.. it's not a bad carrier model at all but I have to admit this entire affair has dampened whatever enthusiasm I had for it.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
It's okay. This too shall pass. Nothing is forever. :cheers:

--WH
Paul K wrote:Diamonds are forever, according to Shirley Bassey.
Yes, but I would hate to pass a diamond. :$

Brian
:OT:

Where's that flushing water closet emicon when you need it. :hide:

--WH

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

ATB
DaveB B)smk
You could probably undamp it now Dave... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... ost1079244

(not that I'm likely to get it, X still crashes after @ 20 mins flying with an OOM error)

ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yes.. seen that. One day maybe ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

I finally caved in. :lol: Between the now DX9 compatible glass and the free Grumman F3F I couldn't resist any longer. Only made one quick flight so far but she seems to function just fine. The Helldiver definitely will leap into the air on takeoff, and lands nice and slow too. The purchase was even approved by Mrs. FlyTexas! :-O

Brian

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Now we're having fun. :) Managed to put her down safely on the Nimitz. Approached the carrier at 75mph...touched down about 65mph. Easy peasy. The screenie looks like something you'd see in the movie 'The Final Countdown'. :lol:

Brian

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It does look much nicer (if I can use that word in association with the Helldiver!!) with glass than without ;) I still have a shed load of points at JF so could add it to basket without the plastic being touched but.. my interest span for it has run out for now. It was always going to be a marginal purchase for me and at the 11th hour, the FAA evaluation squadron paint tipped the balance. One of the boys did a nice Coral Sea repaint for the Virtavia Skyhawk so I'm enjoying that plus I'm now a bonafide SAS pilot in the AS365. Pity the model is the N3 and not the N1/N2 but it's a belter all the same ;)

Hope you have fun with it :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

The free Grumman F3F and the fixed glass pushed me over the edge. :lol: If either of those two did not exist I wouldn't have purchased the Helldiver. For anyone not intent on purchasing the AH Helldiver there's a nice FSX freeware model over at SimOuthouse. It's a native FSX conversion of a FS2002/CFS2 model. :-O The cockpit definitely has a nostalgic feel to it but the aircraft is very enjoyable to fly, imho. :) Here's a link... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... iver_X-zip

Brian

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yes well.. I already have the F3F and that particular deal isn't open to anyone outside the US so 2 for 1 isn't a bad deal. It certainly encourages US simmers to get the Helldiver :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Talking of DX versions. I've been exclusively using DX9 cos in the dim and distant past I seem to recall I get blurries everywhere, especially runways.
However I've since upgraded my PC to a modern on. Will this make any difference at all? Can I turn on DX10 (I guess the obvious answer would be to try and see what happens :lol: ) ?
I was under the impression FSX would never be truly DX10 compliant?