Aeroplane Hell VC-10

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Court Line Flyer
Meteor
Meteor

Aeroplane Hell VC-10

Post by Court Line Flyer »

Looking at the latest VC-10 pics on the Just Flight website I feel compelled to vent! I really hate to pour cold water on what must be thousands of hours work, but the exterior model is Just Terrible. The cockpit looks amazing, and if the systems detail is as good as advertised, it won't disappoint, but what happened to Aeroplane Heaven's high quality exterior work??? Those pictures look like a model carved from wood. The nose is not pointed enough, the doors are too small, door 1 is square, whereas the upper section sloped towards the cockpit, the engines look stubby, the tail perhaps not tall enough, the wheels are oversized and those flaps look so heavy I fancy they are made from modelling clay. Come one, Aeroplane Heaven, you usually do SO much better. Pay attention to the detail! Truly, utterly gutted :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I won't be buying THAT.

Long live the Maltby VC-10's....

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Aeroplane Hell VC-10

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Court Line Flyer wrote:Looking at the latest VC-10 pics on the Just Flight website I feel compelled to vent! I really hate to pour cold water on what must be thousands of hours work, but the exterior model is Just Terrible. The cockpit looks amazing, and if the systems detail is as good as advertised, it won't disappoint, but what happened to Aeroplane Heaven's high quality exterior work??? Those pictures look like a model carved from wood. The nose is not pointed enough, the doors are too small, door 1 is square, whereas the upper section sloped towards the cockpit, the engines look stubby, the tail perhaps not tall enough, the wheels are oversized and those flaps look so heavy I fancy they are made from modelling clay. Come one, Aeroplane Heaven, you usually do SO much better. Pay attention to the detail! Truly, utterly gutted :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I won't be buying THAT.

Long live the Maltby VC-10's....
Sadly, I have to agree. Since DM's wonderful VC-10 never gained a VC and is now incompatible with P3D, I had high hopes for the AH/JF version. Looking at the screenshots on JF's website the external views of the aircraft look very 'pudgy'. More like a fattened caricature than the real thing. Why are airliner fans being sold short? Look at the effort that went into JF's Canberra and Tornado (neither of which I bought). I did however purchase their 748 and One-Eleven (when on sale), but was extremely disappointed, as neither were a patch on RP's and DM's products.

Feeling let down :( .

Perhaps it would be possible to alias the JF VC to DM's wonderful external model?

[Edit] looking at a few photos on the interweb, show just how horrendous the JF example is -

JF screenshot -

Photo of the real aircraft -

Along with the errors highlighted by Court Line Flyer, also check out the cheatline on the engines as well as fuselage (or have JF produced a hybrid with a later BOAC scheme?). The distance between tip of nose and wing root leading edge, compared to the rest of the fuselage. The very rounded fuselage tail end compared to the real thing. And as for the main undercarriage doors, JF's example look like barn doors in comparison with the photo. Not to mention the position and sizing of the Union Flag w.r.t. the Speedbird logo on the tail.

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

There's very little on that screenshot that looks right. In fact, the whole thing looks wrong.. there are just too many errors.

It's worth noting that the Canberra and Tornado mentioned were done by JF's 'in house' team.. not farmed out to Aeroplane Headache 8)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Sad. :( Looks like someone is working off some very inaccurate drawings.

Brian

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yes.. probably acquired from Lego :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

:rofl: Wouldn't surprise me.

Brian

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

DaveB wrote:There's very little on that screenshot that looks right. In fact, the whole thing looks wrong.. there are just too many errors.

It's worth noting that the Canberra and Tornado mentioned were done by JF's 'in house' team.. not farmed out to Aeroplane Headache 8)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
On the flip side, the VC is seriously impressive. :)
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

robbie
VC10
VC10

Post by robbie »

Have to agree it's pretty bad...they should have used Ricks Vanguard and added a vc..eh DaveB?. :Dance:
Last edited by robbie on 27 Apr 2017, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
DaveB wrote:There's very little on that screenshot that looks right. In fact, the whole thing looks wrong.. there are just too many errors.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
On the flip side, the VC is seriously impressive. :)
How did you come to that conclusion? I can only find one full screenshot of the VC, and that's taken from the flight engineers position. Admittedly, there are also a couple of shots the FE's side panels, but nothing from which to make a judgement on the quality of the VC.
If you are correct, and the VC is impressive, I'd still hope to alias the VC to DM's external VC-10 model.

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Kevin,

On AH's Facebook page there have been numerous VC renderings posted although it won't be fully functional due to the limitations of P3D/FSX. Lots of detail parts too. I'm sure some of the external inaccuracies will be ironed out in the beta stage, particularly if you point them out here.
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]