Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver released

Post by Paul K »

No mate - a 6000ft runway is challenging enough at the moment. I'm doing approaches more akin to a 747 than a carrier plane, and just tightening it up each time. This is a tricky plane to fly in the approach - either that, or I'm a tricky pilot. I'll get to carrier ops at some point. I think the SB2C would be a good addition to your carrier collection eventually, but there's a good few people at SoH who do carrier flying, so best get the last word from them, rather than me. ;)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

OK mate ;)

I'm wondering if a full load off a carrier with 25kts coming over the bow would put the apparent excess takeoff power into perspective. Perhaps that's what it's geared for rather than 6000ft runways :lol: I know Baz seems convinced but he's been convinced before :-#

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveB wrote:OK mate ;)

I'm wondering if a full load off a carrier with 25kts coming over the bow would put the apparent excess takeoff power into perspective. Perhaps that's what it's geared for rather than 6000ft runways :lol: I know Baz seems convinced but he's been convinced before :-#

ATB
DaveB B)smk
Yes, I suppose putting it into it's natural environment and seeing its take-off performance there would settle it. This afternoon, I loaded it up with a full fuel load and bomb bay, and it was still up to take-off speed in a few seconds - I get the impression that on a carrier, starting from the back, it would be off the deck well before it went over the bows, which of course is unrealistic. I'd be very interested to see what you find in testing, Winkle. ;)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol:

Unless you were very lucky.. you'd not be starting at the back. Don't forget.. all active aircraft were on deck turning and burning so the guy at the front would have precious little deck to take off on. All this said, I've known you long enough to trust your comments and if you think there's something wrong.. I'd be happy to accept it as fact. We're not new kids here.. we've done it, seen it, got the T-shirt ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Helldiver. One of the few live aircraft I have sat in (CAF 98). Big, you need steps to get up to the cockpit :lol:
The `Beast` got a bit of a reputation not least because of a fault which would cause one, or other of the aileron controls to fail,
causing the aircraft to go into an un-commanded, uncontrollable roll into the ground.
Discovered when one `lucky` pilot had both fail simultaneously allowing for a hurried emergency landing.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

A note for anyone thinking of getting this running DX9. You'll have no glass!! DX10 or P3D is fine.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

According to bazzar (before he bailed out at Sim-Outhouse) ; they are working on a dx9 fix.

ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Good for them :thumbsup:

EDIT: I've gone and read what he had to say in his 'farewell' speech. I also note Roger's response.

Had there been any hint that a DX9 compatible model was on the cards.. I'm sure we'll all have sat tight and waited. It IS possible to sit tight and wait despite being shocked and disappointed that a native FSX model doesn't show glass! :lol: There was however, no such hint. 'We'd have to make new models' sounds very much like they had absolutely NO intention of doing so. 'WE'LL have to make new models' is something completely different and shows intent.
It's nice to know that something is being done about it but it should never have been released like this in the first place.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

WarHorse47
Comet
Comet

Post by WarHorse47 »

One additional aspect of the SOH conversation that is being overlooked is the shift to use the AH Help Desk.

Up until now prior AH releases were discussed openly and AH typically found a remedy to everyone's satisfaction. Baz indicated users should use their Help System on the Helldiver issue. I never knew it even existed until now. There is both a form and a direct e-mail address if anyone has a problem with their product.

--WH

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Me neither though that's hardly surprising as I don't buy direct from AH and never go there unless someone posts a link to screenshots. I can see why he wanted the helpdesk used. Who'd want to such a faux pas bandied around in public! In actuality, the suggestion to use the helpdesk only surfaced after the sh1t had hit the fan by which time.. the angry mobs had already formed. He's his own worse enemy sometimes mate.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage