RNZAF Strikemaster

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

NickB
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

RNZAF Strikemaster

Post by NickB »

Hi all,

have done a repaint of Rick Piper's JP using his repaint kit. I am hoping that someone can tell me where on the paintkit I can find the area to paint the airbrakes.
Also how do I stand regarding uploading the texture files to somewhere like Avsim. I've only ever uploaded Alphasim repaints before and I don't want to step on anyones toe's especially Mr Pipers.
Should be a pic below. Hope it came out!

Cheers
NickB.

Image[/img]

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Nick

I tried to reply to your e mail but it keeps bouncing back when i try.

Give me a few days to find where i put the source files and i will see if i can tell you where the texture assigned area is.

Bear in mind all JPs are painted just about the same and i doubt if i allowed for cammo on the original.

I statres a proper strikemaster which is still part built.

Regards
Rick

sknepper
Lightning
Lightning

Post by sknepper »

Looking good so far Nick. I'll look at the old paintkit and see if I can puzzle it out. Many hands make light work :wink:
Sincerely, Sean Kneppers
Repainter by choice
Fancy the Irish going Dutch

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

What I usually do is make a copy of the paint folder the make each map a complete solid colour..one yellow one red etc

Then call it in and instantly see which map is on

The put a grid or something with lines or a photo or anything with a lot of detail covering the whole of the map you know it on and you should be able to find the area.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

If you download the demo of FS Repaint you can open up the textures in that individually and scribble all over them with the pen tool until you find where exactly the flaps are mapped. You can also right click on the model part and open the relevant texture so at least you know you're looking at the correct bitmap.

That's what I always do when I can't find something on a texturemap. :)

NickB
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by NickB »

Rick,

thanks for checking this for me. Sorry you had problems replying. Probably a problem with my AOL.
And thank you chaps for the advice. I'll have a go at laying some grids on the layers tomorrow.
Liked the New Zealand Strikemasters since I made a Matchbox kit many years ago. A proper one would be great.

Thanks again.
NickB

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Nick

this was where i got to with the Strikemaster.

it looks like i remapped the speedbrakes & when i find the files i will send you the beta then you can paint the others as it looks like you are almost done on that one.

you will get the credit in the final replease for the repaints.

the JP texture is the same apart from a small adjustment to the tiptanks area as far as i can remember.

I have it all on a DVD here somewhere but have about 60 unlabelled disc lying about with various rubbish on from the recent past :worried:

Regards
Rick

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Rick Piper wrote:Hi Nick

this was where i got to with the Strikemaster.

it looks like i remapped the speedbrakes & when i find the files i will send you the beta then you can paint the others as it looks like you are almost done on that one.

you will get the credit in the final replease for the repaints.

the JP texture is the same apart from a small adjustment to the tiptanks area as far as i can remember.

I have it all on a DVD here somewhere but have about 60 unlabelled disc lying about with various rubbish on from the recent past :worried:

Regards
Rick
Rick, I don't suppose I could have a copy of this when you dig it out? I'd love to convert my G-SOAF repaint for the package so it's on a proper Strikemaster rather than the JP5.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1116899/M/

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Any chance the Strikemaster will get the FSX treatment (bump maps etc.), dare I ask? Can the same be done for the original JP?

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

FSDS does not make full FSX XtoMdl.exe models

I think it will be a year till it can do bump mapping & self shadowing etc
maybe longer and I have many models in progress already that take priority over a 4 year old source as they need complete rebuilds by now and expectation etc has changed 10 fold along with built time and hassle.

Regards
Rick