Not British but interesting and ugly...(aeroplane I mean).

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Not British but interesting and ugly...(aeroplane I mean).

Post by petermcleland »

An interesting snippet from a friend in NZ:-

It will be known as the F/A-37. Although specs are classified, it is believed to be Mach 3.5 (top speed in the Mach 4 range), super-cruise stealth fighter/bomber/interceptor with approximately a 4,000 nm range.

Check out the Navy test pilot in the cockpit of the F/A-37...LT Kara Wade...Now she is pretty :smile:

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Not British but interesting and ugly...(aeroplane I mean

Post by AndyG »

petermcleland wrote:

Check out the Navy test pilot in the cockpit of the F/A-37...LT Kara Wade...Now she is pretty :smile:
Ah, the lovely Jessica Biel.

I'm assuming this post was made with your tongue firmly in your cheek Peter. :wink:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382992/

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

This one has been around the "Urban Myths" for a long time Peter.

The F/A-37 Talon is a fictional fighter aircraft of the U.S. Navy in the 2005 film Stealth. The Talon is capable of hypersonic flight with combined Pulse Detonation/Scramjet engines. As the movie's title suggests, the Talon has stealth capability, along with switchblade wings, dual cannons for close range attacks, and an internal rotary launcher with a wide variety of ordnance, including AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles, AGM-88 HARM anti-radiation missiles, AGM-130C air-to-surface missiles (called "Blue Ferret" in the movie), and Truncheon implosion bombs.

It has a Common Integrated Processor (CIP), a central "brain" capable of making damage assessments, not just on enemy forces, but on collateral and civilian casualties as well. The CIP can make complex calculations, like estimating nuclear fallout, or projecting odds of survival.

The Talon is capable of precise attacks with minimal destruction. Only three Talons existed and flew as a trio. Each pilot has a view-screen for each wingman. Controls are streamlined; the computer communicates through voice and projection displays. The Talons had transponders that directly linked with the pilots homebase or a carrier's advanced flight center. The Talon has a self-destruct system in case of system failure.

There are several aircraft that seem to have influenced the design of the Talon. One is the Russian Sukhoi Su-47 prototype fighter, which also features forward swept wings, although the Su-47 features fixed wings. Another plane the Talon resembles is the fictional X-02 Wyvern, from the Ace Combat video game series. Both have switchblade wings, stealth characteristics and similar overall shapes. Yet another plane sharing design characteristics with the Talon is the Northrop Switchblade technology demonstrator.

Technically, the F/A-37 should be called "Talon II", as the name "Talon" has already been assigned to the T-38 trainer aircraft.

I agree. She is pretty. :smile:

Dennis.

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Was for a film called "Stealth"

rich byrne
Meteor
Meteor

Stealth

Post by rich byrne »

Its a terrible film! Saw it on dvd in Morrisons for £3.99, way overpriced!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

AndyG wrote:
petermcleland wrote: I'm assuming this post was made with your tongue firmly in your cheek Peter. :wink:
Whoops!...No, I was fooled by it :redface:

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

petermcleland wrote: Whoops!...No, I was fooled by it :redface:
So was I Peter. Or at least I was by getting the film out on rental some months ago. It was probably one of the worst films I had ever seen.. :sleepy:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Must admit, I was like "Cool how come I've not heard anything about this?" And then saw the above comments... :lol:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Quite what her harness was supposed to be restraining ( look at it closely ) is a matter for conjecture

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Panel gaps around that canopy are a bit dodgy looking... was it assembled by Red Robbo on a friday afternoon? :lol: