FSX AI Royal Navy Ships!!!

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

FSX AI Royal Navy Ships!!!

Post by Chris Sykes »

I have just got the Frigate from type2301.zip to be added as a moving instant AI ship!!! Heres a picture to prove it too!!!

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Re: FSX AI Royal Navy Ships!!!

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Chris

Don't look m uch like a Type 23 to me :dunno:

But yes they will work.

So does this if i ever finish it. County Class with landable heli deck

Regards
Rick

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Cool wheres the file for that one??? Sadly the one i added doesnt have a landable deck :-( But im just about to test a fleet set up of all three Frigates included in that file and the carrier from portsmouth highrise!!! Hopefully it should work, if so its then to go off and do the Old Ark Royal.

Sorry Rick didnt read your post fully... I see you havent finished it yet? Maybe some motive to do so now with this utility???

Anyway Royal Navy Fleet Test picture below... Sadly i have to work on the alingment settings but you can see it works to a degree...

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Chris

As i said above i have not finished making it yet as other stuff has got in the Way & M$/aces are still correcting the huge mess they made.

Regards
Rick

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris.. the clue was 'So does this if i ever finish it' ;-)

Not a bad looking model and perhaps it does look a little more like a Type23 from a different angle. Two things to note though. See on Rick's Glamorous Organ.. the black line is at the waterline.. where it SHOULD be. You only ever see as much red admire (and it aint that red either!) on a warship when a).. it's just been launched, b) it's in dry dock, c) if it's in rough seas and then, you'd only get the bow showing or d) if it's about to be scrapped and it's light having had most of it's internals removed. While it may look pretty.. it's also completely wrong ;-)

Sri to pour scorn over it as you're obviously excited and when all is said and done.. it's better than not having one at all ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Chris

I think that Type 23 can be fixed with a set of lowered springs. (contact points)
also desperately needs grey railings.

Dave B

When i was at work the other night it suddenly dawned me how much more pleasurable hanging over the side in a sling painting Grey would have been with an MP3 player that had yet to be invented :lol:

Regards
Rick

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

STUPID Ah yes, thats because i had to use a sim.cfg from another ship to get it working... will need some fine adjustments to lower it...

Im now trying out new settings for the fleet and then added a new F235 with a deck that hopefully its landable...

EDIT: Rick the cfg for AI ships are not the same as the aircraft.cfg... see copyed settings from the one i used for the Frigates...
[fltsim.0]
title=Type 23 Duke Class Frigate
model=
texture=

[General]
category=Boat

[contact_points]
static_pitch=0.0 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)
static_cg_height=10.0 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

[DesignSpecs]
max_speed_mph = 50
acceleration_constants = 0.5, 0.4 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
deceleration_constants = 2.0, 0.5 //Time constant (effects responsiveness), and max acceleration (Gs)
SternPosition = 47

[Effects]
wake = fx_wake_l

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Looks like i cant use the F235 one from the file f235s1.zip as it doesnt shop up at all... :brick: Oh well... at least i have something that looks like a Royal Navy Carrier Fleet!

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Chris

I can't be much help with the height as i made mine with waterline at 0 then it sits right although i have made all the underneath bits too including fully amimated props :dunno:

try reducing the

static_cg_height=10.0 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

might do it but not tried

Regards
Rick

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Yep done that just have to test it out... Tried other things like the IRIS Kuz but thats the same as the other F235, doesnt show... :doho: :@ The old Ark Royal has so many mdl files in the bgl file im not sure thats going to work either, or even which one to pick... :roll: Oh well ill be trying it after the weight adjustment on the Frigates...