Poodling around in FS9.. [12shots]

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Poodling around in FS9.. [12shots]

Post by DaveB »

Hello Readers :)

This is not meant to be another FS9 v FSX opportunity.. simply to illustrate one reason why I've stayed put. The scenery is MegaScenery Frankfurt (payware) and AS6.whatever is active showing a much better day in Frankfurt to what we're seeing here in Blighty :roll: My PC is an old XP3200+ (non-64bit) running on an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe, 3gb PC2700 Crucial ram (for the sake of stability), Nvidia 6800GT, SATA1 160gb WD HD. I remembered to make my FR's visible after shot 1!!

The helicopter in shot is Owen Hewitt's Bell206B3 with paintwork by our own Mr Piper ;-) I also have Scenery Germany3, GAP1, GAP3 and GAP4 so my rendition of Germany, though not yet complete, is getting there as is much of Europe. My sliders aren't hard over to the right as this pc can't really handle it.. a good enough reason not to try and flog it to death running FSX. I've successfully killed LHR (Aerosoft London Airport 2008) since adding BEA AI (6fps while trying to land!!) but enjoy seeing BEA aircraft over Europe so I avoid LHR rather than water the AI down :lol: I honestly believe there is much more mileage to be had from FS9 and ultimately aim to build a PC capable of running it to it's full potential.

These little shots don't do the scenery justice as you can't see the activity.. trucks, buses, cars, monorails all doing their own thing but they give you a flavour of what I like to see (what I DO see) at many of Europes airports. A world of default airports doesn't work for me.. even FSX default airports so I see more investment in FS9. Of course.. if I stopped buying this stuff, I'd probably save enough for a new pc but that's me all over :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Poodling around in FS9.. [12shots]

Post by Brian Franklin »

Impressive Dave, my FS9 doesn't look like that :0(

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I'll have to take a few shots of Aerosoft LHR2008 with all my Brit AI plus CalClassics Early Jets and Propliners. Problem is, it'll take me half an hour to get around there at 6fps :brick: I'd just managed to get it running smoothly after removing a lot of the BOAC flights (any airport full of DM's VC10's will grind to a halt me thinks!!) and foolishly added BEA. It's a crying shame folk like PIA don't do a decent set of classic jets. Nowt wrong with the CalClassic collection.. it's just a little short on stuff like 1-11's, VC10's and Tridents so I have to use the real thing. DXT3 helps but not enough. My AI is set to 30% at present and this discounts much of the CalClassic props which don't appear until around the 85% mark.

So.. what I want is something to run ALL my AI at 100%, all the sliders maxed out and 20fps at LHR. Does such a pc exist I wonder :think:

ATB

ImageImage

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Looks good Dave (for FS9 ;-) - been on that road, 'tis a big airport.

Chris

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Very nice DB and better that I can get.

I really should spend time tweaking my setup to run at optimum..RTFM as I know it can do better.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I don't really know what 'optimum' is mate. I run it how I like it until it starts to falter then pull it back until I'm happy again. Strangely enough, I don't normally have 'modern' statics.. especially around the UK but I quite like to see it at places like Frankfurt, Munich, Vienna, Brussels and the like. Much of what comes with new software isn't like Garry Summons old 6 or 8 sided rubbish and Frankfurt is populated with really nice looking models. The 'military' side has 3 or 4 C17's too!

I've taken some shots of LHR which has NO statics but is toppers with AI and I'll post a few later. LHR 'dressed up' like this isn't a good airport to fly into as it hit's frames beyond that practical for use but I do like to sit there and watch ;-)

ATB

ImageImage

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

That Frankfurt looks very good Dave - I was there in real life rather too often at the turn of the century. Every other week out of Birmingham on my way to my former employer in Ludwigshafen.

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

very good Dave

ATB
Joe

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

They're cracking shots Mr B - especially the first two or three - they look so real they make me feel dizzy.

I haven't got into the FSX/FS9 debate because it's of no interest to me whatsoever :lol: My hobby is flying high quality models of classic, mainly British jetliners and where better to do that than FS9? I've never seriously considered FSX, and seeing Dave's screenshots has brought it home to me how fantastic FS9 can be. It still has so much potential. Why would I want FSX? (Please note - this is a rhetorical question and does not require an answer :lol: )

It's easy for me to know when the time is right to change and that will be the day that DaveB says he's uninstalled FS9 (and the devil goes ice skating) :thumbsup:

Ian ;-)

jab
Concorde
Concorde

Post by jab »

world of default airports doesn't work for me
As Long it looks like the airport's runway and taxiway layouy etc I dont care as long I have AI that all that matters :worried: Nice shots there Dave :rock:

James
RIP Steve Irwin :'( You was the best there ever was.