Oh eck! Should i install FS9 looking at this?

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Oh eck! Should i install FS9 looking at this?

Post by Chris Sykes »

Quiet simply put! FSX is running smoothly, nicely, good FPS and just looks stunning atm, see the picture... Now im not too sure whether to install FS9 now :worried: :think:

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Oh eck! Should i install FS9 looking at this?

Post by spatialpro »

IMHO, no!

Personnally speaking I wouldn't go back to FS9.... esp. now DG's Hunter is working fine and looking better than ever in FSX!

This may be an unpopular opinion though....?? :lazy:

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Well you won't get an argument from me :lol:
Dave G.

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Airtrooper wrote:esp. now DG's Hunter is working fine and looking better than ever in FSX!
OK...so what's the trick to getting the Hunters working in FSX? Have I missed a download somewhere?

I used to have the full set of Hunters in FS9 but lost them in a HD crash. A few days ago I tried downloading them again from the CBF files site (along with the Provost and Meteor) and FSX choked on the gauges so I abandoned the effort.

Is there a compatible version for FSX that I have not seen somewhere or has someone done a new gauge pack for them?

I would really like to get the Hunters back in the air again as I miss them.

Talking of the Provost and Meteor (and Canberra come to that) has anyone got those working in FSX or are they awaiting a fix?
Larry

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Larry, you need SP2, currently via Acceleration, to get everything working again (not sure about the gauges as I never had a problem with them anyway). With SP2 the Hunters have windows, all the bits are back again for the JP, and the meteor I haven't tried. For some reason also the aircraft visual models seem to be much improved with SP2 but that could just be because I upgraded to a Radeon 1950 pro from an NVidia 6800GS.

Regards,
Chris

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Chris..

To be brutally honest, it's impossible to tell exactly which sim you're in from that shot. I'd certainly have not bet one way or the other. I feel you're looking for an excuse NOT to load FS9 again and on the strength of that single shot, you'll get no support from me! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

The Hunters are fine in FSX, except the glass is missing unless you have Acceleration/SP2. No gauge issues that I'm aware of. They're all XML gauges, so you shouldn't even have to "OK" them.
Dave G.

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

ChrisHunt wrote:Larry, you need SP2, currently via Acceleration, to get everything working again (not sure about the gauges as I never had a problem with them anyway). With SP2 the Hunters have windows, all the bits are back again for the JP, and the meteor I haven't tried. For some reason also the aircraft visual models seem to be much improved with SP2 but that could just be because I upgraded to a Radeon 1950 pro from an NVidia 6800GS.
Ah...OK. That explains a lot, I guess I will have to wait for SP2 to come out then as I can't afford to get Acceleration yet (being on a fixed and low disability pension is a real PITA at times :-( ).
Larry

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

DaveG wrote:The Hunters are fine in FSX, except the glass is missing unless you have Acceleration/SP2. No gauge issues that I'm aware of. They're all XML gauges, so you shouldn't even have to "OK" them.
Hmm..OK...Not sure why I hit problems then. I will re-DL and try again.
Larry

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Can ya tell which FS version this shot is from...?! :)

Just lovin' those shifting water tectures. Much better for judging altitude and speed (50ft, 400 KIAS anyone?!)

Had no issues with guages here either. Acceleration restored the glass. I also reckon the visual models are somehow improved.

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro