VC10 at Kai Tak

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: VC10 at Kai Tak

Post by TSR2 »

Cheers Dan :)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Hallo Dan :hello: Long time no see!

I should have realised that mention of a VC10 problem would wake you up :lol:

I hope you and the family are all well.

Ian :)

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

My version of the CAP-file works just as expected in Prepar3d as it does in FSX.... (tilting the eyepoint, instead of raising and lowering it) .. if you understand what I'm trying to say...

The original gave you a feeling of scratching your a$$ on thr RWY, but my version keeps the eyes at the same height jsuat adjusting the angle so you can look downwards or upwards ....

If you want to MOVE your eye level, I'm sure there is a key-combination to this..

Unfortunately I compiled all the XML into sbp, so I cannot for sure tell you how I did it, but it was something along the lines of PAN_VIEW_something ...

If you want a copy, please tell me so, I'm sure we can arrange something.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Are you using 1.4 of P3D Dan, as I get the issue with all of the aircraft including the stock ones *-)

ImageImageImage

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

No. 1.3
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dan,

Yep, it seems like a 1.4 issue ;)

ImageImageImage

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

I'm not sure you're experiencing the problem you think you are with the eye point in the 2D view.

I tried using shift+enter in FSX and P3D 1.3 and in the 2D panel view the same thing happens as you're reporting with P3D 1.4. Basically the 2D view is just a forward facing eyepoint with the VC turned off and the panels placed on it, as they're referenced to the screen coordinates they will move with the eyepoint when you move it. To check this, when you're in the 2D view shift the eyepoint up and then look behind you (numpad 2) the VC will look lower.

So I'm not sure what command the cab file is using to do it's thing but it's not shift+enter which is doing what it should, if we knew what that was we could at least find out if the command still exists in P3D.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

That was how the original CAP file did (it's eyepoint.xml by the way)

"my" version uses PAN_VIEW .... as the FS9 version used EYEPOINT_MOVE ....

Thus "my" FSX version do the same in FSX and in P3D, but different in FS9 (actually ater I compiled the XML's to psd's it is no longer FS9-compatible)

'i changed it once upon a time, when Ian noticed the "problem" once in FSX, where he got the feeling of scaboing his bum agains the rwy ... and he actually found the solution him self... I just altered the XML and re-CAB'ed on my own version... can't remember if David did it on the official version, but I think not as it not one of thoes FSX AND FS9 rather than a FSX OR FS9 thingy .... so there...
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

Hmmm, it may be worth checking all the view commands in P3D, there are a lot that aren't assigned to anything so it may be it's still there but not currently accessible.
LM seem to be doing a lot of work in the display area as apart from adding IR and NVG they've added Observer modes and render to texture which opens up a load of possibilities that I can't currently use unless I want to lose FSX compatibility!

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

Hmmm, after a bit of tinkering I put the DM_VC10.cab gauge into the Sea Fury and tried it out in P3D 1.3, where it worked fine, hold one button and it tilts up, hold the other and it tilts down in the 2D view.
Then I upgraded to P3D 1.4 and tried again, apart from recovering the control settings so I could operate the damn thing, the gauge worked perfectly in that as well. Are you sure you've got it installed properly?