Bomber Command in winter

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Bomber Command in winter

Post by Paul K »

All taken above Lincolnshire and Yorkshire, FTX England.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Bomber Command in winter

Post by Nigel H-J »

Wonderful scenic shots Paul, though never fly FTX in winter setting, bad enough having it for real!!! :lol:

Cannot access their Forum as blocked here, though pity they missed putting Lincoln Cathedral and the castle which stands opposite in FTX, would make Bomber County complete!! B-)

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Beautiful Paul B)smk

Difficult sometimes to get decent shots of cammo aircraft but the snow works wonderfully

They sort of remind me of a set of HQ art postcards you might find at a museum.

Seriously makes me wonder if such shots could be set up as souvenirs of exhibit aircraft *-)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

This set of screenshots is absolutely superb, Paul! What a wonderfully original idea and perfectly executed.

I agree with Garry - they'd make a wonderful souvenir collection. As well as postcards they could be coasters or placemats or framed prints. They're excellent.

Ian :)

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Awww, chaps, thanks very much - I've gone all shy and embarrassed now. ;)

Here's the same collection of pictures on the Orbx forum, where they are 1300 pixels wide, and a bit crisper. I'm particularly pleased with the Hampden. :)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/ ... x-england/

I seem to like snow backdrops in FSX, and Orbx England's textures are very good indeed. When I was a child I had a set of encyclopaedia in which there was a photo of a Beaufighter over a wintry Britain, and I've never forgotten it. Also, I lived at RAF Gaydon during the winter of 1963, so there must be a memory of snow up to my waist and V-bombers above my head.

And by my computer, hangs this painting - Keith Woodcock's gorgeous ' A Friday in Winter'. You can almost smell the chill air in your nostrils...

:cheers:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Paul,

I spotted these on the phone the other night and completely forgot to reply when I got back to the house. They are stunning. I must admit, that is one thing FTX and the like does have going for it in that you can get the seasonal weather on the ground. Very nice indeed :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

p.s. you can now post images of almost any size here, the software in the forum will resize them, but you can click on the image to view the original in full res. If they are very large though, it may take the forum software a second or two to render the small image in the forum template.

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

TSR2 wrote:Hi Paul,

I spotted these on the phone the other night and completely forgot to reply when I got back to the house. They are stunning. I must admit, that is one thing FTX and the like does have going for it in that you can get the seasonal weather on the ground. Very nice indeed :thumbsup:

THanks Ben, very kind of you. :)

TSR2 wrote:p.s. you can now post images of almost any size here, the software in the forum will resize them, but you can click on the image to view the original in full res. If they are very large though, it may take the forum software a second or two to render the small image in the forum template.
I never knew that ! Could it be that I can kiss Photobucket goodbye ? Let me try it out...

It half works...its still a tad bigger than the pictures in the first thread. *-) ( BTW thats the Hampden in the early war camouflage scheme, BTW - I left it out of the first post. ) :cheers:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Paul,

Here's an example (or two). Clicking on the photo should bring up an intermediate zoom, but in the bottom right hand corner there should be an icon superimposed of the image to view the full thing. These are from Edinburgh in 2005, and yes, I did photograph a 737 :-O

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Ben, I thought the limit for pictures here was 1024 pixels wide, which is what I resized them to in my opening post. I therefore expected the picture of the early-war camo Hampden above to be resized to 1024, with the option to click on it and bring up the larger picture ( 1300 pixels ). However, the Hampden's default forum picture ( prior to being being clicked on ) is already slightly bigger than 1024 wide. It does go up to 1300 pixels when clicked on, as I expected, but I thought it was supposed to be 1024 wide to start with. Can you follow this ? I can't and I'm writing it ! :lol:

EDIT. I'll start again...Ben, what size does the forum software initially resize pictures to, as in my Hampden and your pictures, before you click on them to view the larger versions ? Its bigger than 1024 pixels wide.
Last edited by Paul K on 07 Jun 2013, 19:48, edited 2 times in total.