Sea Hawk

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Re: Sea Hawk

Post by Buggyman »

Could someone please give me a link to the site I can get the Sea Hawk?

Despite having a couple of Rob's aircraft on FSX I cannot find where they came from - either going blind or just a *bit daft.

Thanks

Allan

*A bit daft - c'mon you undersell yourself (SWBOWQ)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Thanks Dave, downloading as I write.

Orft for a bit of Naval bumbling.

ATB

Allan :welldone:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Airspeed wrote:Hi Paul,
Did you hear about Rob using Blender, or did you deduce it from some aspect of the model?
Hi Mike,

Rob has the Blender logo on his index page, and has mentioned Blender development tools for P3D. I'm curious as to whether he's always used Blender or moved to it from some other software - and if so, why ? ;)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

The Scimitar was his first Blender model. Prior to this, he'd used FSDS. He likes the way Blender works and what he can do with it :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Ah, thanks for that DB. I bought the first part of Witold Jaworski's Blender tutorial, but with a view to doing ship modelling rather than the tutorial's P-40 study piece. I'd be interested in any views Rob ( or anyone else ) has, regarding Blender. :)

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Jon, :hello:
Thanks for that!
Indeed they do supply both vertical stabilisers. :agree:
Of course, those from the 50s/60s were in clear poly bags with fabulous folded paper tops loaded with real information, not just "4+5-->18, X (glue icon)" 8)

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

Paul K wrote:Ah, thanks for that DB. I bought the first part of Witold Jaworski's Blender tutorial, but with a view to doing ship modelling rather than the tutorial's P-40 study piece. I'd be interested in any views Rob ( or anyone else ) has, regarding Blender. :)
I had to change my monitor recently and went for a new 4K screen, I found that some older programs like FSDS, and indeed FSX, do not like a large high dpi display.
Blender, by contrast, looked so good, in some screenshots I had seen on one of the forums, that I gave it a try.
I looked at a few tutorials from “krispy1001” on YouTube and read all I could on the subject over at “fsdeveloper.com”
I find it easy to use with loads of features I had not seen before and would certainly recommend it.
Another plus is the price.

RobR

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Rob, thanks for that. I have an old version of 3DSMax which doesn't work with Windows 7, and Gmax, which is no longer supported, so I was looking for the way forward, so to speak. I don't want to spend time learning something that is considered 'old hat' or is limited in some way, so if Blender is your choice, then that gives me the impetus to spend time learning it. Witold Jaworski's course also teaches the use of GIMP and Inkscape, both the same price as Blender ;). Which other programs do you use in the process of developing your models ?

Sorry for going a bit O/T with this thread. :worried:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

The original 64mb 32bit-888 textures are a little thirsty for my rig so I've pulled them down to a more manageable 16mb DXT5. I've also removed the mips (important for P3D but not so for FSX). The black surround on the Ace of Diamonds has also gone as this was uber-jaggy without mips. I may yet get the brushes damp ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage