Trouble!

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Trouble!

Post by DaveB »

Yikes!! OK.. those pictures are from the Daily Mail (sigh) but I think it's safe to say the rag didn't make 'em up :lol:

Cheers Ted :thumbsup:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

There are police on the bridge who are not taking any interest in the helicopter. I thought they would at least be watching their backs, and holding on to their hats.
Good to see the rapid response, and good shooting I say! I expect there will now be a police enquiry into the shooting as to was it really necessary and who gave the order. The usual crap that the police have to deal with.

:((

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Good piloting of the chopper. Can't be easy landing at night on a bridge where your not sure of wires, poles and other street furniture.
it's not like they land there every day. Although I suspect they have cased all these potential landing spots at some point.

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

One wonders if the words of a certain, late Mr E Powell are striking a chord with any of our glorious political leaders. *-) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Once again, condolences and commiserations to all those affected. :'( :'(
I read most of the reports on that link, but remain confused as to how many terrorists were there:
"The gang had metal canisters strapped to their chests and two were reportedly shot dead by armed police. A search is underway for the three other men. One man has been arrested on Borough High Street.

All three suspects were gunned down and killed by armed police.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4j2FFuRvl
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

It was distressing to read that there may be other victims who were thrown, or jumped off, the bridge.

I can only hope that the perpetrators realised as they died, that they were just becoming carcasses, and were not winging their way to a paradise full of virgins for their delight. Might be a good idea for Britain to do as I heard reported from another country, that the executed terrorists were painted with pigs' blood, to let their associates know that they were not going to be admitted to paradise.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Unfortunately.. this is the Daily Mail we're talking about Mike. Note too at least one duplicate picture with different captions 8) There must be a more reliable source of information with a clearer sequence of events.

ATB
DaveB:)
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Airspeed wrote:
04 Jun 2017, 13:43
I can only hope that the perpetrators realised as they died, that they were just becoming carcasses, and were not winging their way to a paradise full of virgins for their delight. Might be a good idea for Britain to do as I heard reported from another country, that the executed terrorists were painted with pigs' blood, to let their associates know that they were not going to be admitted to paradise.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brian

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Yet another tragic event so condolences to all affected. I stayed up all night watching the coverage on BBC World News because my heart will always be in London. Keep calm and carry on.

Graham, I thought of your "Drink responsibly" means don't spill it!!! tag line when I saw the picture on twitter of a chap running from the Borough scene, carefully carrying his pint. "This beer cost £6 a pint, I'm taking it with me." Stay strong, London!

Nigel²