Vanguard with a tail steady?

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Vanguard with a tail steady?

Post by TSR2 »

Now that's the ticket Dave.👍🏻

I've just been trying to work out where my Airbridge Paints are.... They're all on my AI, forgot to add them to the flyable model 🙄
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

You won't find that one mate.. I've only just done it :lol:

Honestly.. my Vanguards have more paints than any other model and they're darned difficult to keep track of. There's a white/red of Swiftsure with ABC on the fin and of course, all white with blue fin HCA (plus the BEARS/FJ/BA incarnations) but I was surprised to find I'd not done the second ABC (Gary did the white/red stripe).

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

And there was me thinking you'd done em all 😜

She suits her new clothes very nicely. Is that still 512x512?

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Sadly.. yes mate. I actually thought the fuse maps were bigger until I checked them recently. I've tried upping the engine maps to 1024 to add a little of the detail you (might be able to) see in that shot and the fuse/wing maps could do with the same work. To be convincing.. all the panel lines would have to be redrawn.. in fact the lot would have to be redone. With my cfg entries going from 0-82.. I'm not sure I'd live long enough to finish them all :lol:

Oh.. and yes. I thought they'd all been done too.. until I looked for Swifty wearing that uniform. I wish Gary was here.. I'd be able to lob some off on him :lol:
ATB
Dave B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Yes mate, spotted the detail on the cowling and just forward of the LE on the outboard. :thumbsup:

Well... you could always just do a spanking new EP :worried: :lol:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well.. I have to don't I really. I'd get more mileage out of Air bridge so the others could be done. We'll see. I've a week off in the not too distant and am planning a trip down to Brooklands to see the old gits.. and PEP of course. Will make sure the tail steady is still in place :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Well done that man... and anyway, Alison will only get hacked off if your loitering about the house with nothing to do... so this way you can tell her you're busy painting :lol:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

There's an irony in that. She booked our time off for the same week but by some quirk of fate.. Sainsbags have logged her week the week before mine :-O This kinda works out OK as it happens. Our (Alison's) friend from Berkshire is up here the week Alison is off and the 4 days she's here are the 4 days I'm working. And no.. I didn't plan it that way :lol: I'm OK with it though :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

RJP
Comet
Comet

Post by RJP »

robbie wrote:
10 Jul 2017, 17:31
The tail steady was hydraulic, you inserted it into the cup on the fuse then turned the thing 180 deg to lock it, it was all too easy for it to drop out, bloody heavy great things they were too.
Whilst heaving one out the rear hold one night it occurred to me that the thing was probably heavy enough that if placed in the fwd hold it wouldn't have needed a pogo stick :lol:

A DC-8 one is more 'fun'..... Probably the same sort of weight but not hydraulic (just hooks in) and long enough that on a windy day it sometimes takes the balancing skills of an acrobat to use :doh:
Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Of course you must be careful when supporting aircraft using pointy metal things. :doh: Received these from an AA mechanic some time ago.

Brian