More props..

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: More props..

Post by DaveB »

The story so far...

What a ripping amount of fun this is :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I'm going to have to buy the bloody JustFlight one too now... You're a salesmans dream Mr Booker! 😂
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Don't do it just yet.. the other side of that paint is plain white.. hence no screenshots :lol:

Don't forget the possible shortfalls I mentioned with v4. While the gauges are mostly XML, there are a couple that rely on C++ and run dll's. To get the QT.. you have to buy the base package first then buy the QT addon. It's only a few quid (£7.. something like that) but needs the 200/300 base package to work. There are livery packs for the 200 and 300 (2 of each) but no extras for the QT.

As I think I mentioned earlier in this thread.. I can't make any of the old TNT paints bang-on although they look pretty convincing at first glance. The lower fuse orange/red should start mid-way down the nose cone and run aft in a straight line.. easy! Unfortunately, if I start it there.. it's too high further down the fuse. It should run under the cargo door as you see in the shots so that's how I've lined it. Point your peepers fwd and you'll see it has to start a little lower down the nose to achieve this. NOw.. G-TNTA (and perhaps the others) are/were 200 series and the QT model is based on the 300 series. Whether the 200 and 300 differ that much IRL, I honestly don't know but it may be why the old style paint doesn't sit 100% on the 300 model.. that or the QT model is wrong :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi mate, there were, if memory serves, QT and QC versions of both the 200 and 300 series aircraft. TNT operated the QT's and folk like Titan operated the QC, the QC being the one with the rapid role change capability to wip the seats out and use cargo pallets. The QC paints would obviously sit on the standard 200 / 300 aircraft with windows etc. I don't recall the 100 series having a freight option, but I could be wrong.

ImageImageImage

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

f memory serves, QT and QC versions of both the 200 and 300 series aircraft.
That's correct .... there were.

The illustrations within "SECTION 1.06" of my following linked HJG manual for the ARJ's/BAe's ....

http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/threa ... ling-notes

.... will demonstrate each of the main aircraft configuration variations among the entire ARJ/BAe flightline .... as least as we/HJG have presented them.

I think the QC configuration of the -200 was quite rare. We operated one here in New Zealand .... ANSETT NEW ZEALAND's ZK-NZC .... and which was formerly the BAe prototype/demonstrator for the QC model G-BPBT. It entered service with ANSETT NEW ZEALAND supporting the blue/orangey/red, and white BAe demonstrator livery .... and with it's British rregistration too .... on a initial trial basis,and we later bought (or leased) it .... and at which time it then went into full ANSETT NEW ZEALAND livery and onto the New Zealand civil aviation register .... as ZK-NZC (2).

You should askTony for our ARJ/BAe PSD's Dave. I'm sure he'll be pleased to assist you .... and maybe even upload your work too ;)

Mark C
AKL/NZ
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Mark,

Yup.. Tony and I have lobbed bits at one another many times over the years and I know he'd help out if I needed it. This paint is for the JF/CLS model and the paint kit is by CLS. It's pretty good now I've got my head around where the bits go. I've never been a HUGE fan of a full fuselage map in the paint kit which then has to be cut up into smaller parts to fit the model but it does aid lining up. The TNT paint is straight forward (even for me) but like all paints.. you have to get your head around the paint kit first ;)

Here's the RH side done now..

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

He doesn't realise all the Titans are coming next Mark 😁

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Good lord above man :lol:

Hmm.. just as I thought I'd finished (I've lobbed a reg on the underwing) I see there's a small gap in between the LH middle and rear maps. Bugger!! More bloody fiddling! :wall:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

"Go TITAN's" ;)

Can't remembe if we/at HJG, have them represented .... yet :)

Looks "GOOD" anyway Dave.

Mark C
AKL/NZ
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cheers Mark ;)

I got the gap in the maps sorted and immediately noticed another problem (2 problems in fact) :wall: There's always a learning curve when using any PK for the first time and I think I've had enough learning for one day! :lol: 'Said' problems are now gone and I think it's there or as there as it's going to be :cpu:
TNTA shows evidence of a rear pax door on the LH side which I'm not sure about adding. I'll mull over that tomorrow.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage