Portsmouth RN Images - Queen Elizabeth

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Portsmouth RN Images - Queen Elizabeth

Post by ChrisHunt »

As I mentioned earlier and dedicated to DaveB here's the first set of photos I took early this morning. Unfortunately I only had my camera phone on me - the "proper" camera was locked in my car on the car deck! Still, it handles low-light reasonably well. These are of Queen Elizabeth - apologies for snipping off the nose of QE in the first photo, she was too close! Note the picket boat in the picture - one of the two permanently stationed alongside.

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Portsmouth RN Images - Queen Elizabeth

Post by ChrisHunt »

Erm... I seem to be missing the all important pictures - I added these as attachments; should I have done something else?

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chris,

Probably easier to link to flickr etc, but if you upload the attachment and then click "Place inline" on each attachment, it should add them to the post :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

I'm still struggling with this - I've tried reducing the size of the images but they are still being rejected as too large. I've uploaded a couple of images to Flickr - anyone know how I can link to these?

:help:

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

For those interested I took the photos using a Samsung S7 smartphone - the results were better than I expected, particularly given the low light.

The pictures include HMS Dragon, a tangle of Type 47s (two with the builders in), a rather tired looking HMS Westminster and what's left of HMS Bristol - now a training ship.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Great pics, Chris! :thumbsup: Thanks very much for sharing them. :)

Brian

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Hi Chris, thanks for the great photos :thumbsup:

I'm still getting used to the two towers on HMS Queen Elizabeth, but I'm sure it will become more familiar in future. I also notice there is already a big rust stain from the anchor housing 8).
HMS Dragon looks fantastic, with the large red dragon emblazoned on the ships bow (pointy end).

Like yourself, I have had problems linking from my Flickr account.
What I have found, is that when I log in to (what I call) my homepage (although Flickr seem to call it 'Camera Roll') I get a listing of all my photos as thumbnails (categorised by date). Double clicking on one of these opens it as a larger photo. Right clicking on the photo and choosing 'Properties', opens an info window which includes 'Address: (URL)'. Copy this and insert into your CBFS message, using the 'Insert Image' icon (just above the text window). This will allow your photos to show directly on CBFS, rather than a link.

The above should get your photos showing in CBFS (so you could ignore the following, but it may enhance your photos).
The 'Address: (URL)' that you copied should end with an underscore, a letter and then '.jpg'. The letter seems to define the size that the image will show, with 'h' appearing to give the best view on my monitor. I have manually changed some posts from e.g. 'b', to 'h' to get the best size.
Now, is where I start to get a little lost. Within Flickr, I have created 'Albums' (e.g. 'Vintage Aeroplanes', 'Portraits' etc.) and imported photos to them. If however I open an album, double click on a photo and select 'properties' the 'Address:(URL)' doesn't give a path which can be added to the 'Insert Image' link.
This means that the only way I can find to link photos is from the 'Camera Roll' page. This could involve a lot of scrolling if you had thousands of photos.
Sorry if this all seems long winded and if anyone more familiar with Flickr could explain any possible shorter methods of linking photos. I'm all ears (or should that be 'eyes', as I'll be reading it).

Regards

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Thanks from me, too, Chris!
I'm regularly surprised at the quality of mobile phone photos, and yours are no exception. :thumbsup: