Manfred Jahn's new freeware B-50

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Manfred Jahn's new freeware B-50

Post by DaveG »

Ok, here's my panel.cfg for the B29/B50 merge: http://daveg.cbfsim.org/files/B50/Panel.cfg

Backup the original and drop this in it's place. You'll need to copy the "Virtavia_B-29.cab" from the B29 panel folder into the B50 panel folder as well.

Are you OK with the rest of the merge, or do you want me to walk though it?
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Dave, thanks for the panel.cfg - much appreciated. I'm going to run through the thread at SOH and establish what has to be done. Thank you very kindly for your offer of help , but I'll give it a go first and only bother you if I run into problems that I can't sort out. I have looked into this procedure before, specifically, using A2A's Stratocruiser VC with Manfred's series of C-97s, so a lot of what's being said at SOH is familiar. I'll let you know if ( when! ) I make a complete arse of it. :lol:

Brian - wow indeed. What a lovely job they have done with this B-50 eh ? :thumbsup:

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Roger that Paul. I've only glanced at the instructions over at SoH as I'd done the merge myself already, but I think it's OK.
Dave G.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

It's a mighty piece of kit, alright!
Personally, the B17G takes the cake for looks, but I do admit to assembling a B29 model in my younger days.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveG wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 19:38
Roger that Paul. I've only glanced at the instructions over at SoH as I'd done the merge myself already, but I think it's OK.
Dave, have you encountered the problems with the monitor gauge not showing?

I can get it up in minimized form, but can't make it expand to show all the panels. Also, all the external aircraft models have the older cage-type nose cone, and no external fuel tanks. This seems to be a problem many people are having, so just wondered if you are one of them. I've used your panel.cfg, and I've copied the Monitor folder from the B-50 to the B29 panel folde as shown:

Other than that, the B-29 VC is showing as expected in the B-50.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

It's working fine for me Paul.
I didn't bother making a separate B29 panel folder, I just copied the Virtavia B29 gauge into the existing panel folder and edited the panel.cfg there (after backing up of course ;) )
Dave G.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

You could copy the B50 and DSDSounds folders to the b29 panel folder, but I thing the paths in the ini for the sounds would need editing or the custom sounds won't work.
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Thanks for that Dave. The best I've had today is the B-29 VC working in the B-50 exactly as it does in the B-29 - i.e. the Shift+[numeral] bringing up the Virtavia autopilot, the GPS, the vintage radios and so on. No external fuel tanks and no 'D' nose-cone, but everything else was fine. Now I have none of that, and no Monitor other than the minimized Monitor window. I really want the Monitor because it makes controlling the aircraft so simple and straightforward.

I think tomorrow I'll start again from scratch. ;)