JF VC10 London to Dubai

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

JF VC10 London to Dubai

Post by blanston12 »

Here are a few pics from my first CBFS VA flight in the new JustFlight VC-10. I am not sure if this will end up being another RTW flight but depending on how these first couple flights go its possible. This first flight is from Heathrow to Dubai. Weather for takeoff was not the best, overcast with 5000 foot ceiling, 12 knot winds and a temperature of 4C. Takeoff was for 8:30 AM and did not land until after dark.

Takeoff from Heathrow.

Clibming through the clouds.

Nice sunrise colours.

Getting up to Altitude.

Over the alps.

Entering Turkish airspace.

Getting Dark already.

Over Iran.

Sunset over the Persian Gulf.

Dubai ahead.

On final.

Taxing into the terminal. I wanted to get some pics of the ground vehicles and stairs but it was too dark.

Thanks for reading.
ATB.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Re: JF VC10 London to Dubai

Post by PaulC »

Hi,

Nice external shots- is the cockpit lighting as bad as it seems?

Paul

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

PaulC wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 10:29
Hi,

Paul
:lol: :lol:

As I scrolled down through those shots, the exact same thought occurred to me. I think I might fire up the demo for a night flight and see what it looks like. Great external shots, and the VC is nice in broad daylight ;)

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Paul K wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 10:49
PaulC wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 10:29
Hi,

Paul
:lol: :lol:

As I scrolled down through those shots, the exact same thought occurred to me. I think I might fire up the demo for a night flight and see what it looks like. Great external shots, and the VC is nice in broad daylight ;)
I assumed it was because I could not find the switch to turn off the cabin lights, let me know what you think about the demo.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

Sorry to disappoint Joe, but it'll be a cold day in Hell before JF get any more of my hard earned cash.

I don't support people who sell things that aren't finished. The 1-11 and it's non-functional autopilot was that last straw.

Now, don't get me wrong, I know I may seem harsh expecting that an airliner which I'm paying good money for has a functioning autopilot,( a very minor system when all said and done), but my mind is made up.

The 748 isn't a patch on Rick's (despite his being almost aincient), the Chipmunk likewise, the 1-11 doesn't work, and the 146 looks like a child has drawn the panels.

The Piper Archer III from their flying club is lovely, and I like that one, but sadly, unless they stop selling unfinished, and I do mean 'unfinished', not 'new' ( I appreciate that everything may need a service pack to improve things upon relase, but the bloody Autopilot should work) I shan't be entertaining them.

I've taken the same view with Captain Sim, in fact- the only people I have faith in are Quality Wings and PMDG.

Paul

Archer
VC10
VC10

Post by Archer »

Nice images, but the colourscheme can do with a bit of work. The white bands on the tail are too broad and the registration needs to be a lot bigger. The BOAC lettering on the front fuselage needs to be a lot thinner too, looks like they used the bold variant of the font. Can't comment on the other aspects of the model I'm afraid.
Due to shortages and cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.
------------
A Little VC10derness - http://www.VC10.net - Visit the Forum!

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

PaulC wrote:
15 Dec 2017, 19:43
Sorry to disappoint Joe, but it'll be a cold day in Hell before JF get any more of my hard earned cash.

I don't support people who sell things that aren't finished. The 1-11 and it's non-functional autopilot was that last straw.

Now, don't get me wrong, I know I may seem harsh expecting that an airliner which I'm paying good money for has a functioning autopilot,( a very minor system when all said and done), but my mind is made up.

The 748 isn't a patch on Rick's (despite his being almost aincient), the Chipmunk likewise, the 1-11 doesn't work, and the 146 looks like a child has drawn the panels.

The Piper Archer III from their flying club is lovely, and I like that one, but sadly, unless they stop selling unfinished, and I do mean 'unfinished', not 'new' ( I appreciate that everything may need a service pack to improve things upon relase, but the bloody Autopilot should work) I shan't be entertaining them.

I've taken the same view with Captain Sim, in fact- the only people I have faith in are Quality Wings and PMDG.

Paul
What's up with the autopilot?
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]