In search of Scouse

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

In search of Scouse

Post by FlyTexas »

Decided to fly my beloved Autocrat from Isle of Man to Liverpool for a Scouse lunch. The 35 mph headwind made the flight pure torture. :lol: By the time I arrived at Liverpool the restaurant had stopped serving lunch. I explained why I was late to the restaurant owner. He just smiled and said "We'll never turn you away." :wasntme:

Liverpool city buildings by Gareth Davies. File name 'liverpooluk.zip' at flightsim.com.
Liverpool-Speke airport (circa 1960) by Casey Brasel. File name 'eggp1960fsx.zip' at flightsim.com

Brian :)

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: In search of Scouse

Post by nigelb »

" He just smiled and said "We'll never turn you away." Is Gerry Marsden, MBE running a restaurant in Liverpool now, or did you take the ferry to Birkenhead?

Nigel²

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

nigelb wrote:
05 Apr 2018, 00:06
" He just smiled and said "We'll never turn you away." Is Gerry Marsden, MBE running a restaurant in Liverpool now, or did you take the ferry to Birkenhead?

Nigel²
In my fertile imagination he's serving up bowls of Scouse in a Liverpool restaurant. :lol: In reality I'm sure Gerry would be much happier riding the ferry. :agree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VlVP4L3IwI

Brian

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

If it had been Colin Hay:
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

dswanson
Trident
Trident

Post by dswanson »

Hmmm,

As a scouser something I can see that something has gone very seriously wrong about the position of the 3 Graces, unless someone has re-routed the river Mersey :lol:
Regards,

Degsy

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

FlyTexas wrote:
05 Apr 2018, 02:06
nigelb wrote:
05 Apr 2018, 00:06

Nigel²
In my fertile imagination he's serving up bowls of Scouse in a Liverpool restaurant. :lol: In reality I'm sure Gerry would be much happier riding the ferry. :agree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VlVP4L3IwI

Brian
Well if he does ride the ferry, he will hear 'Ferry Across the Mersey' ad infinitum over the P.A. system. Thanks for the video link Brian, as a teen in the sixties I loved all the British Invasion music.

Nigel²

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

I'm glad you enjoyed the video Nigel. :)

Brian