PMDG 737 at Heathrow

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

PMDG 737 at Heathrow

Post by Vc Ten »

Well I bit the bullet and purchased the Pmdg 737-800 ngx for p3d v4
It's the most I've spent on any add-on by a loooong chalk. As others have said, do you get your money's worth ??
My main worry was would it cripple my system ? I run with frame rates locked at 30, and generally the sim rarely drops below that, only Heathrow will pull it into the 20 so far and that's with all of orbx installed
I found only a frame rate drop of 3 or 4 with 2d screens active and zero with just the vc, so very pleased.
The aircraft is as good as described and flies like I would imagine, if I was a pilot, it should.
Lots to learn, mainly with the fmc side of things
Overall very satified, yes not cheap but I'd rather pay once for a keeper than half a dozen lemons which never leave the hangar
Dale

Image Image Image

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: PMDG 737 at Heathrow

Post by Paul K »

Rather super, isn't it. I've had a few 'manual' flights in it, but I too need to study the FMC and start doing some serious trips. It's been one of those models, like the Aerosoft Airbus, that's been waiting for me to have the time to do it justice. The P-8 Poseidon is nice as well, but I can't remember if that comes in the base package or the 600/700 expansion..? Anyway, nice purchase Dale, you'll have huge fun in it. :)
Vc Ten wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 18:13
Overall very satified, yes not cheap but I'd rather pay once for a keeper than half a dozen lemons which never leave the hangar.
Egg-zactly ! A sound philosophy. :thumbsup: