True Earth UK South Some Pictures.

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

True Earth UK South Some Pictures.

Post by Nigel H-J »

Firstly I have not added anything to these screenshots i.e. Shaders, this is just to show them straight from my computer which unfortunately should really reside in a museum but there we go!! ;)

Computer specs: Win10 Intel Core i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz 8GB Ram NVidia GTX 760.

As I was flying the default Cessna I was able to put Number of World Objects to Maximum, Reflection Detail Minimal, Visual Effects High (HDR), texture Quality High and Antialiasing 2XSSAA+FXAA. So the quality you see from the screenshots will not be as good as the latest computers can give i.e. i7 etc. However, if I flew the Diamond DA62 (payware) then my settings would be much lower, even at Cardiff Airport with the Cessna I only managed 20 fpm but after take-off and away from there I got between 22-30 fpm. Also I was flying with reduced visibility which would also count for the lack of brightness in the screenshots

Click on pictures for better view.

Ready for departure Cardiff Airport.

Yes, there is life in the valley's of Wales.

Night flight Wales.

Luton Airport.

Birmingham Airport.

Shot of Birmingham ground.

Duxford.

Cambridgeshire Countryside.

Ditto.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: True Earth UK South Some Pictures.

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just one more to show it in a better light. 8)

Only realized that I had forgotten to increase the visibility after posting those gawd awful screenshots!! :wall:

Nottinghamshire

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Great pictures, Nigel, thanks for posting. As far as UK scenery goes, I think this is about as good as it'll ever get. Is there any word or hint about winter textures ? I believe it's summer only at the moment.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Paul, I have not heard anything as yet about seasonal variations in X Plane 11, that of course may well come in some big update if Laminar put their minds to it but as far as I am concerned, all my flying is done in Summer as the colours are much better and varied instead of say Winter Scenes being drap, miserable with dark mornings and nights!!

Bad enough when we have Winter for real without doing it in a sim!! :lol:

Regarding my shots, even after posting them I was not happy as I would have been with more up to date graphic card and better CPU and memory but hopefully that may change sometime next year when I have saved up enough for a new computer that can also handle VR.

In my mind you really need to fly with World Objects maxed out otherwise not all buildings show up and that to me really ruins the experience as could quite easily miss my house when Central comes out with World Objects set any lower but even if it kills my machine I will fly over my home with maxed out settings!! :lol:

(Might not be a bad idea as the wife may give me the green light for a new one just for peace and quiet)!! 8)

Regards
Nigel.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

To repeat my post in the other XP thread, it looks very impressive. I'll be waiting to see how the P3d version performs, but this may well prod me into getting XP. :worried:
Dave G.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I agree the pics look good, just the same as orbx were showing at Cosford. Low and slow with no weather or ai. I would like to see it under some stress like active sky, traffic global and pmdg 737 for starters. lets see if xp becomes a slideshow :poke:
I can run ftx England with base, vector and lc Europe at 25 frames over Heathrow to 30 elsewhere in a pmdg 737 using p3d v4
I hoped to have seen active sky demoed at Cosford but no luck or just flights traffic for that matter. Don't know how much effect they would have on rates
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I can run ftx England with base, vector and lc Europe at 25 frames over Heathrow to 30 elsewhere in a pmdg 737 using p3d v4
I hoped to have seen active sky demoed at Cosford but no luck or just flights traffic for that matter. Don't know how much effect they would have on rates
Dale
I have run add-on ai aircraft in X plane 11 which are available as free downloads but with my system I found it a struggle at large airports in the States though did not try in England (which I may well do soon that is if any available for this area), did not have the patience to mess around so took them out. Have not tried them with True Earth but think that with any simulator the more you add the more resources it takes up where to the point that it could become a slide show especially if, like me, you have an older computer. Swings and roundabouts really, I am not that bothered about ai traffic so quite happy to run without them. I also very rarely have clouds running as that also takes up my resources so just quite happy to fly with clear blue skies!!

Regards
Nigel.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I agree Nigel, is all swings and roundabouts and everyone has a preference to what gives them the best immersion from the sim. I do most of my flying around 30000ft where the ground scenery is mostly obscured by clouds, it's the way I like it. Of course to get the best visuals from the scenery it's a slow ga aircraft to limit the stutters and no weather so as not to obscure anything and reduce load on pc. I was surprised that virtually all the demos at Cosford, which seemed to be all using mega-fast Chillblast pc's, were setup this way
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Decided to try the default Cessna 172 and the Beech Baron with World objects maxed out and got between 20-38 fps which is a great improvement on the 2 payware a/c I have, the 172 and Beech Baron are both delightful to fly anyway so will concentrate on using these instead.

One for the low and slow and the other for low but fast!! :lol:

Now all Ihave to do is get my road map out as going to fly from Gloucester Airport to Stow-on-the-Wold where I used to work at the Talbot Hotel and did a lot of horse riding at Langston Carriage Stables a stone throw away from Stow.

Regards
Nigel.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Ha ha, Enjoy :thumbsup:
Dale
Image Image Image