Another Surprise

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

paulsl
Trident
Trident

Another Surprise

Post by paulsl »

I installed True Earth North and decided to go and have a look at Dundee (have many happy memories there with SWMBO). So, take the Carenado King Air from Teesside to Dundee and have a look at the Forth Bridges on the way. Hoped I'd find something like this but blow me down, there it was....

Now, I knew Nigel would ask so knowing I'd never stop, at least a touch and go might be in order...

:$ :$ :$ I knew it was going to end badly when the "Anchor Deployed" label appeared.

I'll put it down to being too busy taking pictures to properly concentrate on flying. :agree: :lol: I don't know if this came with True Earth North or is built in X-Plane 11.
It's not a 'bird', it's an aeroplane or an aircraft :rant:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Another Surprise

Post by Airspeed »

Sorry that you had a spill Paul!
Did the sim assume that you were in a seaplane? ("Anchor deployed")
How do they get the Carrier out of that confined harbour; do the helicopters have to lift it over the wall?

paulsl
Trident
Trident

Post by paulsl »

Hello Mike,

I don’t know about the seaplane. Maybe it’s some sort of default thing when the altimeter goes negative over water. Or perhaps it’s to stop any more nonsense, as in, ‘that’s quite enough of that incompetence sonny’. :worried:

The carrier will go out through the gate opposite it’s port side. I think “not to scale” might apply, although in real life it is a very tight squeeze.

Regards, Paul

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Well I don't have TE North yet and will have to wait a few months before I do get it. How can I ask the wife after she let me have a new
computer? :hide: "Umm honey, sweetie, darling.......Would there be any chance I could buy TE North? ..........Nope! I don't have got the guts to ask!! :lol:

Paul, you have let me down! :poke: as I would have asked for a touch and go instead of a landing just to see what happened when you came onto the ramp!! 8) :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

I tried with the DA-62, and had to go off the ramp as I couldn't get stopped in time :help:

So I went back to the best thing for landing on carriers....the DR-400 :thumbsup:

The detail isn't nearly as good as the native carriers, but I got down and stopped, then off the ramp without problems :cheers:

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

paulsl
Trident
Trident

Post by paulsl »

Here you go Nigel. Going, ahem, off the ramp...

"Several Beechcraft were harmed in the making of this picture" :hide:

Keen eyes will spot the full flaps for landing - no, you can't stop in time. Well I can't anyway.

Paul

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Here you go Nigel. Going, ahem, off the ramp...
Brilliant Paul, :thumbsup: that has got my heart racing for a chance of trying that out, will have to look for other carriers off the East Coast and get busy.
I tried with the DA-62, and had to go off the ramp as I couldn't get stopped in time :help:

So I went back to the best thing for landing on carriers....the DR-400 :thumbsup:
Well at least you did manage it Tony, mind you if you altered the braking in the response curves you might just stop in time although I can guess the captain will have you washing the skid marks off the flight deck with a toothbrush as punishment!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

paulsl wrote:
17 Feb 2019, 00:25
"Several Beechcraft were harmed in the making of this picture" :hide:
:lol: :lol: