A few pictures taken of Scotland

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

A few pictures taken of Scotland

Post by Nigel H-J »

Downloaded today TE North. What amazing scenery though only took2 shots of Glasgow and Edinburgh. My computer took a big frame-rate hit when using the DA62 so brought the graphic settings down very slightly, this must be due to the 10M elevation mesh they have stuffed in :lol:

The mountain scenery is exceptional, and think that the roads are much improved by getting rid of the white roads and darkening them, much more realistic!
Glasgow Airport, you can see the difference in road texture

Edinburgh Airport.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: A few pictures taken of Scotland

Post by FlyTexas »

Wow! That looks very realistic. :)

Brian

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Can you only get summer textures on Xplane?
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Simon, yes only summer at the moment but I believe that ORBX have given them details of how to do it. Whether or not they will implement it to X Plane 11 is any-ones' guess. Mind you, I only fly in good weather apart from a few showers here and there. :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Thanks for that. GB South in P3Dv4 is only summer and to be honest I binned it as seemed odd colours and took ages to load buildings were unreal in my area and slow frame rates.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Thanks for that. GB South in P3Dv4 is only summer and to be honest I binned it as seemed odd colours and took ages to load buildings were unreal in my area and slow frame rates.
Flamin 'eck, if you are finding TE South taking ages to load and slow frame rates I can only imagine with TE North the computer will come to an abrupt stop!! :-O as it is in 10M elevation mesh. Think I will definitely scrub the idea of getting P3D.

Regards
Nigel.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

They say there will be a fix on the new P3d4v5 update due soon that will cure the loading times. I will see what happens, but until then I will leave it in the Orbx hangar. Frame rates over London are also very slow.
Simon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Simon, when P3d do the update I will be very interested to hear whether the update has improved running Orbx.

Regards
Nigel.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Nigel,

I will let you know. I will have to download TrueEarth again but I will see how the other works first.
Simon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Nigel,

I will let you know. I will have to download TrueEarth again but I will see how the other works first.
Thanks Simon, somehow I don't think it is an Orbx issue but more of a platform one i.e. P3d, hopefully for those who have spent money on Orbx True Earth P3d will be upgraded for faster loading times and flight.

I now have all of TE England installed and the only frame rate hit is flying up in Scotland, the scenery is excellent and wonder whether the look of scenery depends on which platform you run it on but hopefully something will be done to take away unrealistic look that you mentioned.

Regards
Nigel.