Emergency Hurricane Maria Relief Aid Cargo Hauling

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Emergency Hurricane Maria Relief Aid Cargo Hauling

Post by Aharon »

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I am sure all of you would recall the terrible Category 5 Hurricane Maria on 18 September 2017 hit Dominica which suffered a direct landfall with damage to 90% of the buildings on the island with infrastructure left in ruins which propelled many many airlines to fly relief aid supplies neighboring islands to be loaded on ferry boats to Dominica or small planes flying directly to that island's airport which had 7/8 of runway intact and 1/8 being washed out.

Presenting emergency relief aid flight from TTPP Piarco International Airport located 19 miles east of downtown Port of Spain in Trindad to TDPD Douglas–Charles Airport ormerly known as Melville Hall Airport located on the northeast coast of Dominica 2 miles northwest of Marigot and one hour away from the second largest city Portsmouth.

Full loaded with emergency relief aid supplies taxing to short of runway 10

Entering into runway 10 for take off

Airborne on climb to FL300 to start the CAI SV BNE FOF APKIT LIDOS VOLAB KAROT NOSAM UKROS route

Making route adjustment toward destination

Leaving island of Trindad

Dig beautiful Caribbean waters

Cruising across deep blue Caribbean sea

Cruising at FL300

Passing island of Grenada

More beauty of Caribbean waters

Passing island of Carriacou (I bet you never heard of that)

Passing TVSU Union Island Airport located on Union Island of Grenadines Parish, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.

Leaving Union island

Cruising

Passing tiny inhabitant islands

Passing TVSB J. F. Mitchell Airport located on Bequia island of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

More cruising

Passing TLPL Hewanorra International Airport located near Vieux Fort Quarter in Saint Lucia

Passing TLPC George F. L. Charles Airport located 1.2 miles north of Castries which is the capital city of Saint Lucia

Approaching island of Martinique

Cruising past rich green pastures of Martinique

Passing Martinique's capital city Fort-de-France and its TFFF Martinique Aimé Césaire International Airport

More views of Martinique

Leaving island of Martinique

Descending to 10,000 ft

At 5,000 ft

At 3,000 ft making turn toward runway 09

On final runway approach carefullly positioning to make touchdown on piano bars of runway to avoid the washed out end of runway

Seconds before touchdown (darn missed piano bars which meant that unusual steep braking would be required)

TOUCHDOWN

Stopping in time to avoid washed out end of runway

Arrived at gate to unload emergency relief aid supplies and will have no trouble taking off empty weight with enough remaining fuel to make to neighboring island for refuel

Thank you for viewing! Stay tuned for next exciting flight!!

Regards,

Aharon

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Emergency Hurricane Maria Relief Aid Cargo Hauling

Post by Vancouver »

Very nice Aharon. I wonder have you ever thought or considered turning your hand to doing videos of your flights?
Alex

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Emergency Hurricane Maria Relief Aid Cargo Hauling

Post by Aharon »

Vancouver wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 17:33
Very nice Aharon. I wonder have you ever thought or considered turning your hand to doing videos of your flights?
Thanks for your kind words. I did about 40 youtube videos for FSX flights long time ago but gave up because it required too much work and FSX videos are no match for real world aviation videos when it comes to attention of viewership hence me sticking to creating beautiful screenshots.

Regards,

Aharon