Exploring X-Plane a bit

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Exploring X-Plane a bit

Post by Nigel H-J »

Now that visibility is just about right for London Paul, :lol: Great shots and be interested on your view regarding X Vision as that is one software I have been looking at.

BTW, downloaded the Zibo Mod today and flew it in circuit at East Midlands, firstly in clear weather then in rain. Between the Zibo Mod version and the other one I have the X737 the clear winner between the two is....................Drum Roll..........Loooong pause.....................................!!

The Zibo Mod. :welldone: It is by far much better with a lot more chucked in, just love the I-Pad and of the menus it contains, rain effect is very very good though yet to add the radar. I have now deleted the X737 as it does not compare to that of the Zibo Mod but that is just my opinion, it handles much better and is easier to fly. So thanks for raising the question of whether I have it......I do now. :thumbsup:

If Ben ever thinks of getting X Plane he should make it his first add-on!! :hide:

Regards
Nigel.
Last edited by Nigel H-J on 02 May 2019, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Those pics over London reminded me of a Lesson I took 20 years. Beautiful summers day, flying out of Stapleford towards Southend in a C152. Lovely. Return trip, the skies over London, filthy dirty. We breathe this stuff in. Amazed how busy the skies were with light aircraft and they would appear out of nowhere. Finding Stapleford again was quite the task and involved first following the M25. Ahh, there it is. :help:
Alex

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Hi Nigel - I'll let you know about X-Vision. I tried someone else's preset, called Vivid or something, and didn't really like it, so I shall experiment myself. The night lighting tweaks are of interest, but I'm told they affect Orbx lights in a different way to default lighting.

One thing about London night lighting in True Earth GB South - the office buildings, such as Canary Wharf, the Shard and the square mile, are very dark compared to the surrounding streets and buildings. In fact, it looks like they are having a power cut. Orbx are aware of the problem, but I'll show you what I mean:

Here's the Canary Wharf office buildings by day:

And here they are by night - lost in darkness when they should be brilliantly lit up

I was going to post on the Orbx forums, but there have been numerous queries already, so it was pointless adding to them . Looking at some of the X-Vision examples, there is some slight tweaking possible, but Orbx needs to look at it.

I've bought all of TE GB but only South installed at the moment, along with their X-Plane Elstree EGTR, which I had to have because of boyhood memories.I've got to find some disc space for the rest of it!

Alex, Stapleford is on my list of airfields to get. I've got the P3D version and it's very good. :)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Guess Orbx will do a fix for the Canary Wharf on next update whenever that will be. Don't do much night time flying as much prefer day light and the views that TE give.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.