Flying the Zibo Mod!

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Flying the Zibo Mod!

Post by Tomliner »

Nigel and Paul, now look whats happened. You’ve given Ben an attack of the vapours! :doh: :lol: EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Oooops, well it is Paul to really blame you know as Ben did not mention my name!! :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Yes but you started it with the BEA one, so it's all your fault ! :agree:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Yes but then you had to chip in with the B.O.A.C. one and Ben took offence to that pic! :poke: :wasntme:
By the way I installed that free upgrade for the default Baron this morning, and went for a flight from Cambridge down to south of London and then to the Bristol channel, all above TE GB South. The immersion was extraordinary - one of the most absorbing flightsim sessions I've had in a long time. Really enjoying XP at the moment.
Great to hear that Paul, BTW you probably know this already but when X plane comes up with an update it will tell you that the Baron 58 has changed and gives you the option of going back to the original, just keep pressing the ignore button until it comes up to the update itself. One thing I did find that really helps is the X Plane Installer as I had by accident deleted my back-up folder for sky colours and wanted to revert them back to the original files, so I deleted all of them from the folder and ran the installer being careful not to affect any aircraft mods and after it was finished (which did not take long) the default sky colours had been installed. So am a very happy bunny.

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Hi Nigel, thanks for that. I didn't get any warning about the Baron because I applied the reality mod to a copy of it and placed it in a different folder. So, the default Baron is still there. However, I'll now know what to expect if I do mod something default in future, thanks.

I'm still looking at the Carenado Baron and the associated Reality Expansion Pack by Simcoders. Carenado have done such a lovely job with the Baron update, it's very hard to resist. Thing is, I really only need one twin at the moment, and there is that DA-62 to consider. I'll have a think next week while I'm away in Norwich. :)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

The default King Air was my favourite until I purchased the King Air 350 which is fantastic but the Baron B58 is my second choice to fly of the default aircraft.

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Nigel, please keep us abreast of your experiences with the Airfoillabs KIng Air 350. Looks like quite a learning curve ! :)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Paul, the King Air 350 is a long learning curve, I had to print out and save 32 pages from their manual and this covers all buttons, switches, levers etc as I found that after selecting a frequency for a NDB it did not register on the ADF even though I had selected from VOR to ADF on the main instrument panel. I found out only by reading that I had to press the STO button, as for the rest I am still going through the cycle of getting to know how to operate the systems properly but some times my brain just gets fogged in! :doh: but I would still highly recommend this aircraft even though it is quite complex.

Regards
Nigel.