Just Cruising Along.

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Just Cruising Along.

Post by Nigel H-J »

With one of Ben's pet hates! :lol:

Flew from Glasgow to London Heathrow taking these pics just south of Stockport flying the freeware X737. Did a manual refuel and just had to guess the fuel load for the flight stopping it at 12,000lbs (there was some fuel on board) so loaded enough.

Refuelling, you have to go external to do this and can see the fuel meters and switches in front of the nose.

Flying with Pilot2ATC really makes for a busy office.

With the free Avitab there is really no excuse for getting lost!!

X-Plane really have some great freeware aircraft and this is no exception BTW, forgot to put the sync on hence the straggly lines on the fuselage.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Just Cruising Along.

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Nigel,
Thanks for sharing, always good to see what others are doing! :thumbsup:
As my FSX is currently broken, I tried the demo XP11.
Haven't given it a fair go yet, but first impressions are that the scenery buildings are rather plain, and POV hat moves are a bit jumpy.

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Nice pics Nigel :thumbsup:

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Looks interesting. First addon I've seen since the old 747 from FS9 that has an actual fuel panel for fueling. There's several that have "Fueling Panels", but not an actual image of the fuel panel with the associated switchology.

FYI, on the 737 (and pretty much any twinjet) fill the wings to full first then the center. The 737 Classic has a max wing fuel of 10,500lbs/wing and the NGs are 8,630lbs/wing. Should help with your loading in the future. :)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

FYI, on the 737 (and pretty much any twinjet) fill the wings to full first then the center. The 737 Classic has a max wing fuel of 10,500lbs/wing and the NGs are 8,630lbs/wing. Should help with your loading in the future. :)
Thanks Chris, that is a great help believe me, it also means that if I am doing a short hop then there will be no need for me to fill the centre tank.

I only found out how to refuel the X737 as you cannot do it through the aircraft select menu on the main page, found out after :rtfm: :lol: When in the cockpit just place the curser just above the windshield and click it, you are then given a number of options such as ground power, doors, baggage hatches and refuelling.

Once again, many thanks for the advice.

Regards
Nigel.

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Nigel , if I remember correctly ...
733s and 734s used about 1100kg per eng in the crz. 732s about 1200kg .
Thus a GLA-LHR about an hour = 2200kg , 15 min contingency say 600kg , 30mins reserve 1100kg , divert to LGW just under 30mins around the houses 1000kg . Thus about 5 tonnes minimum ,,,,,,,, LHR holding say 1000kg ! 6000kgs gives what should be enough .
Don't know 'wot fuel burn on -800s are 'tho . But the 'Boi reports that their A321 Neos are coming in at about 900+ kgs per hour per eng. in the crz. With the newest CFM-56s . So similar to the 73Maxs I guess.
Think a kg is 2.2 lbs !

rgds dave f.

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

P.S. Some where back in the mists of time , a brain cell is telling me that full wings on 732,733,734 [ basically same wing , 3 'n 4s had improved aeros , but same inside structure ] is 8600 Kgs ...... ties in approx with the other post of 8600 lbs a side

rgds dave f.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Dave, very many thanks for the information regarding fuel burn and tank capacity, greatly appreciated and will help me a lot.

Kind regards
Nigel.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

dfarrow wrote:
24 Dec 2019, 16:40
P.S. Some where back in the mists of time , a brain cell is telling me that full wings on 732,733,734 [ basically same wing , 3 'n 4s had improved aeros , but same inside structure ] is 8600 Kgs ...... ties in approx with the other post of 8600 lbs a side

rgds dave f.
Yeah, it's ~4700 kg/wing for the 2/3/4/5 aircraft if you want to work in that archaic system... :) The NG (6/7/8/9/Max) is ~3900kg/wing.

I still get thrown off when I pull up to some of the Swift and Sun Country airplanes because they have birds in both LBS and KG so you have to look first before starting to fill to make sure you're using the right units.

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Chris , just seen where you're at..... So Kgs would be archaic to you ....
Since 1972 to my knowledge Biig bad airways have been in kgs ... However talking to the bowser driver , we'd have to translate that to Litres to pump ... Guess you are US Galls .
40 yrs ago a Viscount out of Santander ? Got his numbers mixed up , or Spanish Bowser man fiddled them ...glide landed in a field 7 miles short of Exeter a/p. He'd have loaded L. but don't know if all models of Viscounts , or just some were in lbs or Kgs.
More recently your brothers across the Canadian border changed from lbs/USgalls to Kgs/litres . Shortly after one of their 767s became a glider , the skipper was a glider pilot and the F/O ex military who knew the ''nearest suitable'' . Hence The Gimli Glider touched down successfully deadstick .
Still the same now in light a/c ...
US models , Pipers/Cessnas weights are in lbs as are fuel use charts in US galls .We used to fuel from pumps in Imp Galls. Many years ago this went to L.
Euro models , Robin , Rallye etc. Wts in Kgs , fuel use in L , [ 'tho converted from US gall , as engines are US..].
So wt and bal calculations still a juggle as a/c wt in lbs , fuel required from USG/hr to L. to Kgs to Lbs , pilot/pax wts vary from age groups ..Stones have to go to lbs , or Kgs to lbs ....

Whichever way you fly , us in US , US in Euro ,,,,, mental calcs or whizz wheel / 'pooters are needed to get the numbers Correct , otherwise it goes unexpectedly QUIET . Which is not a nice sound !

Happy New Year calculating ,
dave f.

N.B. 14lbs in 1 Stone .......2.2 lbs in 1Kg.