My Finger Accidentally Pressed................

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

My Finger Accidentally Pressed................

Post by Nigel H-J »

Buy Now!! :lol:

Babs gave me the go-ahead, have to say this is a brilliant aircraft and does not disappoint though have noticed unlike the X-Plane default MD80 with the Rotate one you cannot open the side window but that is a minor niggle, guess they might animate that at some point in the future. unless Chris knows how!! :lol:

Ready to board passengers

Even at the rear!!

Quick look at cabin and flight deck

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Re: My Finger Accidentally Pressed................

Post by Aharon »

wow boarding method screenshots are very impressive! :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:

It looks like Southhampton airport to me. Am I correct?

Regards,

Aharon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

wow boarding method screenshots are very impressive! :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:

It looks like Southhampton airport to me. Am I correct?
Correct Aharon it is Southampton and many thanks for your kind words, this was the first time I actually looked around the inside of the aircraft and am very impressed with it, Rotate have done an excellent job inside and out.

I think I will need a very light fuel and passenger load to take off, not sure whether MD80's actually used Southampton due to the runway length but going to be interesting to see if this one can take-off before running out of runway!! :worried:

Regards
Nigel.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

It's a great aircraft Nigel. the first airliner I bought for XP11 and I still use it today. Some others have come and gone but this, and the IXEG 737, are still on the SSD.

Have fun with this one
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Great pictures, especially the one down the rear air-stairs. Nigel and all - anyone tempted by the FlyJ Sim 727 ? :)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

anyone tempted by the FlyJ Sim 727 ?
Oh no!! Don't you dare Paul, have enough trouble with Chris passing on hints so as to make me spend more money!! :poke: :lol: :lol: Many thanks for your kind comments also.

To be honest, the 727 will be on my next to buy list but that will be a few months away I guess. Much prefer the sixties and seventies aircraft than the modern one's, I really never have been able to get on with the FMC for starters and will be struggling with the Rotate's FMC so going to have to take some video lessons on it from YouTube.
It's a great aircraft Nigel. the first airliner I bought for XP11 and I still use it today. Some others have come and gone but this, and the IXEG 737, are still on the SSD.

Have fun with this one
It really is isn't it! :thumbsup: Though as written above, my lack of knowledge on the FMC is letting me down. :(( When I first downloaded the demo version I gave the default MD80 a quick flight just to see what is was like.............Never stopped liking it since and really chuffed I have the Rotate version now.

Regards
Nigel.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

My name must be mud in the H-J household :lol: :lol:

I think a video is definitely the way forward with the FMC and it is rewarding once you've cracked it.

I use LittleNavMap to create a flight plan. You'll need to download the MD-80 aircraft performance file from here and load it into LittleNavMap if that is your choice of plan creator. If you're not familiar with it, I can go into greater detail.
Once the plan has been created, you'll need to save it by clicking File / Export Flight Plan to Aircraft Formats / Export Flight Plan as TXT and save it to X-Plane 11 / Aircraft / Rotate MD-80 / saved-routes.

As for the FJS 727, I was looking at that the other day but just couldn't make up my mind. I was going to get the 737-200 but it isn't accurate in some areas and they really stand out to me.
Although they aren't available right now, the forthcoming JustFlight 146, A300B4 and Fokker 28 are more appealing as well as the iniBuilds A300-600 and Rotate MD-11.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

My name must be mud in the H-J household :lol: :lol:
On the contrary Chris, quite the opposite, Babs has always remarked how nice it is when friends on the forums help out in one way or another so there is no need for you to worry!! :thumbsup:

As it so happens I always use LittleNavMap for flight planning, one of the best flight planners available, and it's free!! Though have not been on that site before and did not realise there was aircraft performance files well....You learn something new every so often!! :$

Can manage the default X Plane FMS reasonably but have always been a VOR to VOR pilot with the occassional ADF thrown in here and there!! :lol:

Going to have to sit through quite a number of tutorials it seems but as you wrote, it is going to be rewarding once I've cracked it.

Loving this aircraft and a real joy to fly though the pre-flights and engine start have caught me out and was surprised how long it takes to spool up!!

Righto back to the classroom go I. :excited:

Many thanks for the HU Chris.

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Nigel H-J wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 12:00
anyone tempted by the FlyJ Sim 727 ?
Oh no!! Don't you dare Paul, have enough trouble with Chris passing on hints so as to make me spend more money!!
:lol: :lol: Sorry to place temptation in your way, Nigel.

If I stick with X-Plane, I think the Zibo-mod 737 will do me as a modern FMC airliner, and of course it's free, so very good value. That MD-90 / DC-9 looks very nice indeed, and an airliner I've neglected in every sim I've ever used. Trouble is the 727 is such a gorgeous aircraft; the best looking airliner Boeing ever made, in my opinion. Here's OSR's G-OSRA displaying at Duxford - it was spectacular.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Sorry to place temptation in your way, Nigel.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Paul, I do have the Zibo 737 and it is very good but I also have the X737 Project which is as equally good: https://www.x737.eu/

I do like the 727 very much but will be waiting for a few months before thinking about whether to go for it or something else, depends what is on offer in the way of any sales.

I used to fly the MD80 modified from the default version but as it states on the download page it is not Zibo level but still good.
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... er-80-mod/

Regards
Nigel.