TSW2 2020

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

TSW2 2020

Post by Nigel H-J »

Took the plunge and purchased TSW 2 2020.

First impression was that I had a bit of trouble profiling myself, each time I selected a profile it wouldn't accept it so had to google around and found that it was my anti-virus so made an exemption and success!

Came to the control setup, no improvement, just the same, either you have an X Box Controller or the Keyboard, nothing in the way of allowing you to use throttles! :((

Now one bugbear is the graphics, choose a sunny Summers Day and it looks like an over exposed picture, don't let me put you off but I find it incredibly annoying that there is nothing in the way of a setting for ambient lighting to tone it down a bit. See screen shots.

After downloading TSW2 2020 I wondered how I can download the East Coastway which I have already for TSW2020. Found that it had already downloaded with the game and it had been updated to match the new version, no -one wondering around with hair missing in places, more people and vehicles plus nicely arranged flowers on some of the platforms.

Have noticed when moving along that the trees and foliage appear to change to a darker green and the trees seem to change shape albeit slightly as you get near them (another gripe as in TSW2020 the foliage remains the same without this phenomenon).

As yet have not tried out the underground, possibly I should have done before writing this but can add to it when I do possibly tomorrow if you are interested. :dunno:

Am I impressed? Do I like it?

from my perspective and from the screenshots not really impressed, guess I am going to have to try another season other than Summer and see if that improves the lighting. So why did I not try before writing this? Didn't think until I wrote it!! :wall:

Like it? Mmmm!! Not sure, have to give it time I guess but at the moment I really need to get the graphics the way they were in TSW2020.

In the USA.

The brightness is 'orrible.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Re: TSW2 2020

Post by alemaobaiano »

Hi Nigel

I took the plunge too, and grabbed it mostly for the Bakerloo line and the scenario editor. I suspect my set-up is quite a bit less powerful than yours and I have to say I've found the graphics greatly improved over TSW 2020 and with much better fluidity. My only change has been to use TAA for the anti-aliasing as you suggested previously. Installation and initial set-up worked without problems here, including East Coastway popping up with no action on my part.

The Tube is a real hoot, quite a bit is above ground so you aren't confined to tunnels, and if you have any hope of keeping to the timetable you really need to scream into the stations at line speed and use maximum brakes at the last second :lol: One thing I find interesting is the German routes, I barely used them in 2020 but I gave them a go this time round and I'm impressed. It's taken me quite a few runs to understand their safety systems (SIFA, PZB, LZB) as they are a totally different concept to the UK but now I'm loving it.

So far I've only used the scenario editor for giggles, running the ICE 3 and Tube stock between Eastbourne and Brighton is not very sensible or realistic :hide: but it is fun. Once some of the other add-ons come across I will probably put it to more intelligent use but being able to run anything anywhere is quite a step forward. The Class 66 on Northern Trans Pennine should be interesting.

I haven't touched the livery editor yet, though I may be tempted to put Brazilian liveries on the American locos at some point.

Overall I'm quite pleased with TSW2. I would have liked to see more of the preserved routes available at launch and they need to enable controllers for PC users, but the improvement to graphics on my rig and the scenario editor make the upgrade worthwhile for me.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Pleased to hear that you are enjoying it as much as I am (but for the graphics that is) need to try and find somewhere or somehow to improve the graphics and get away from the bright light possibly by lowering the settings?

Going to have to try out the underground but first take a few lessons before being let loose.

Regards
Nigel.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Right, got it set up much better now, went on the driver training course for the underground and then did my first solo run.
The Tube is a real hoot, quite a bit is above ground so you aren't confined to tunnels, and if you have any hope of keeping to the timetable you really need to scream into the stations at line speed and use maximum brakes at the last second :lol:
The underground is brilliant!! I was three minutes behind schedule before I even reached the first station!! :doh: :lol:

Graphics are stunning and my speed was all over the place and so were the passengers when I stopped!! :lol:

A great way to kill the time now just waiting for when they re-do and release the Pennines route as well as the rest of my collections.

Regards
Nigel.