FS2020 Mach Loop

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Re: FS2020 Mach Loop

Post by Scorpius »

Answer;

As the aircraft passes over the hill it effectively 'bolloons' over it, presenting a big radar target to any SAM or triple A. Inverting the aircraft stops it ballooning as the nose drops over the hill.

Nev

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Ah! That makes sense. Every days a school day. 👍😁
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

And it looks cool. :lol:
Dave G.

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

Post by JohnWillimas »

You're right about the auto generated buildings. Where there is 3d data (as in some US cities and for some peculiar reason Portsmouth and Southampton in the UK) the sim generates using that. Elsewhere it just does the best it can. Sometimes the buildings can be a bit odd if you know the area! For example there are three story office blocks in the "High Street" of my village which actuallly just has stone cottages....

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Post by SkippyBing »

I've noticed it seems to assume any flat-ish roofed building is a block of flats. So lots of farm out buildings are getting upgraded!

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

@Rick Piper, any chance you'll be bringing your T2 to the sim?
Regards
Dale
Hi Dale

Most likely when the sdk becomes more than a few pages of tat that it is currently.

The strangest thing ever is i used an app that adds the json files etc to legacy models and the Lotus sim L39 goes over intact with bumps spec and gloss and even the ice build up works on a model they made in about 2007!.

a few of mine go over but all lack bumps & spec textures.

but hawk doesnt want to go over at all so need sdk and £2000 a year to buy 3ds max and continue with it.
All paused as my New wife now has the beginnings of Dimentia at 56! :OT:

Dale you must have Valley and Mona working on MSFS?? :hide:

DaleRFU
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by DaleRFU »

Hi Rick,

I've heard the SDK isn't up to much at the moment, hopefully they will sort that out.

I haven't actually tried converting anything yet, what are people using to do so?

I haven't tried any scenery as of yet, I think there is a Coningaby scenery coming along according to the forums at MAIW which looks fantastic.

I did see some pictures of a Hawk cockpit being made by Iris Simulations, I believe (if I'm not mistaken) that they are working on a T2 also.

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife having the beginnings of dementia, 56 is a young age to be starting with that. I'm sure everyone here will wish you guys all the best and I think we can all agree that real world takes priority over our hobby.

Cheers,
Dale
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Dale

Can you post a link to the iris thread

Davids been trying to contact me for months but dvery reply i send just sits unclaimed in my outbox

Rick

DaleRFU
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by DaleRFU »

Hi Rick,

This is the post where he showed of parts of the cockpit, that was dated back in May.

https://www.facebook.com/56985552415/po ... 081127416/

He seems pretty active on his Facebook page.

Regards
Dale
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy

migman29
Trident
Trident

Post by migman29 »

DaleRFU wrote:
21 Sep 2020, 07:34
I managed to carve out an hour in the sim and took a trip through the world famous 'Mach Loop' yesterday, it's absolutely fantastic...a million miles better and more immersive than other flightsim's. This I straight out of the box with no mods or addons used. Can't wait for some fast jets aircraft.

https://youtu.be/tqPdCUk4Fl0

Enjoy,
Dale
As you come out of the Bwlch for your second entry into the Cad,keep the road on your left and look for The Cross Foxes Inn
down in the trees,that's your turning point back onto the A487 for the run back through the Cad and down to Corris.
I asked a "tame" ex-C130 P1 about how they did it,she said map refs and landmarks.
She told me how they come out of the Bwlch and look for the pub on the road junction and pull hard left back to the Cad.
You could see him thinking "Bleedin'pilots,don't know nuffin.All glammer" He's probably right.

A/C.2 Webber,Manston,1941,First Light by Geoff Wellum.