Must Really Get a Life!!

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Must Really Get a Life!!

Post by Vc Ten »

Found this old photo today :-
Anglia145.jpg
Anglia145.jpg (135.13 KiB) Viewed 571 times
Start of The Jet Set rally. Probably 1971.
Your's truly driving and good friend and navigator Robert (Left us, far too young)
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Larry, you certainly have had quite a remarkable time concerning your involvement with radios as well as using Morse Code!!

With what you had achieved in the way of Civil Defence Volunteer to setting up an ARES in North America, had all this been done in the UK you would have received an OBE or MBE for services given.............!! :lol:

When young my father gave me a morse code kit and could either be set for light flashing or sound, I taught myself Morse but one thing I could not do was read it!!!!! :wall: My radio that I had in my bedroom could tune into what sounded like morse code being sent but went so fast I just gave up.

Have had a look for rallies on You Tube and will be kept occupied by going through some of them. :thumbsup:

Cracking photo Dale and typical 1970's style sideburns as well :thumbsup: would that be a Lotus in the back with a Jim Clark figurine or would it be Graham Hill?

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Ha ha. Still got the sideburns. Not much else though 😅
Sticker came from my first trip to London at the Racing Car show, Olympia?? Think it was a Tyrrall,
not the 6 wheel one, that was well cool. I remember it was blue though.
Dale
Image Image Image