DHC6 in MSFS

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

DHC6 in MSFS

Post by Vc Ten »

Not having any success in further converting David's Trident for Msfs. Legacy cockpits are just not supported and probably never will. I've just not got the skills to make my own from scratch.
There seems to be more mileage for anyone wanting to fly anything other than the default, to merge a default cockpit to their legacy aircraft.
With that in mind, I downloaded a copy of an FSX version of a Twin Otter. I believe it to be by Premaircraft.
First issue was the model mdl file was Fs9 and needed passing through Model Converter X to give me an FSX native file , Strangely lost one of the cargo doors in the process??
Used Msfs Legacy Importer to give me the Json files and the Msfs config files structure (also rips the .air file and puts in into the performance config file) Then imported the model interior, panel and interior texture files from the King Air (past through Legacy Importer again to reset the json file count)
Bit of fiddling with the configs to give me a realistic performance and fuel use
Pity its not got the proper cockpit but Its the best I can do
DHC6_2.png
(722.81 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
Silvery texture in the daylight Wish I knew how to alter them
DHC6_1.png
(694.67 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
Next project is Thomas Ruth's A300
At least i can use the A320 panel, which won't look out of place. :lol:
Dale
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: DHC6 in MSFS

Post by TSR2 »

Nice to see something different Dale. I’m looking forward to the Aerosoft Twotter which might tempt me back across. Almost 5 months in and they’re still wasting resources patching and updating the default aircraft... which nobody would really choose to fly and should be left to the usual suspects to produce the Boeing’s and current Airbuses
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: DHC6 in MSFS

Post by Vc Ten »

Thanks Ben Yes I will buy the Aerosoft model when it's out. But not sure how long we will wait. The CRJ "promised" before Christmas looks like has a couple of months delay, and that's assuming Asobo don't screw around with the sim again. The Twotter was next in the queue so I'm guessing middle of the year??
P3d disappeared from my computer a few months ago. I couldn't put up with updates and reinstalls on 2 sims. Just doing me head in!! At least the reinstalls with the community folder is sooooo much simpler
Dale
Image Image Image