The 2D drawing thread

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

migeater0
Lightning
Lightning

Post by migeater0 »

Can anyone recommend at site that does a walkthrough in making those?

Joker
The Sock Lives! Long Live The Sock!

Algae
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Algae »

Hi nice pics.

How amny people here are in or assoictated with the ATC?

Alex

igorski
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by igorski »

presuming you mean Air Training Corps and not air traffic control :wink:

I was in the ATC, left just before coming to uni this year.

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

I can't begin to imagine how hard they are to do.

Very impressive.

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tonks wrote: It would be great to see and ADStAUAS/ELUAS version :wink:
Booooo.... Hissssssss.... A well, at least its not CUAS...:wink: :smile: :think:
PS, of course if between you you were to come up with a Cranwell JP5, a Finningley Jetstream, a 206 Sqn Nimrod, a 101 Sqn VC10 K, the Tutor as mentioned above, a 10 Sqn C1K, and then a 101 Sqn C1K... that would be me about covered.... so far :lol: :lol: :dance: :dance: :shock:

Thankfully for painting purposes my service history's a little shorter! :lol: Oddly enough, looking in the logbook, VJ seems to have been my mount of "choice" during my EFT days...
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

igorski
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by igorski »

The tutor template is easily changed, so I can put in any reg / tailcode and UAS logo desired.

I will get back to drawing my 1-11 and others soon, been busy with website and real life stuff!

Algae
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Algae »

hi all
yep the Air training Corps. I have been in it for over 2 years now

Nice pics again

Alex

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

Algae wrote:How amny people here are in or assoictated with the ATC?
Alex
Well, I guess I qualify whichever meaning of ATC you're using. :lol:

I was a member of 1189 (Portsmouth) Squadron from 1962 until I left to join the other type of ATC at Heathrow in 1967. I made my first ever flight in a Hastings from Thorney Island and attended my first camp at Swinderby - then an AFTS with Vampires - the following year. I did most of my Chipmunk flying with No.2 AEF at Hamble and got my gliding certificate at Tangmere in 1964.

Happy days. :wink:
Pete

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Yes...I was in 85 (Southgate) Squadron Air Training Corps in the late forties. I rose to the dizzy rank of Flight Sergeant.

I did much Air Experience flying at first in Tiger Moths, then some real flying training starting in the Tiger...But it was just as the RAFVR changed over to Chipmunks, so I moved over to them.

Got my Gliding A at North Weald in 1949...It was before they had any two seaters.

Did a flight to Berlin in the Airlift in a Dak and stayed there for four days.

I used my training in the ATC to ready myself to join the RAF as a "Fitter Two E"...However, when I went to actually join the RAF, the Recruiting Sergeant took a look at my ATC record of service and my School Certificate results and said "No No! son...you don't want to be a "Fitter Two E...You want to be a pilot...Just come in here and sit down and take a few tests...."

I have to say that I would recommend the Air Training Corps and the Royal Air Force to anyone who is interested in a career in aviation :dance:

Debug
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Debug »

have been in 110 city of york suadron for 3 years and months now i think :think: and do most of my flying with 9 aef over at church fenton and the higlight so far apart from getting corpral is a free 3 and half hour nimrod flight which was crewed by members of all the squadrons who fly the thing!!