The 2D drawing thread

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The Proctor is comming on a treat Tom.

I have a soft spot of the type as the FROG model was the first kit I bought with my own money. :smile:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

kit
Trident
Trident

Post by kit »

Garry,
Garry Russell wrote: I have a soft spot of the type as the FROG model was the first kit I bought with my own money. :smile:
I still have one of them in my loft somewhere. AFAIK it was the only time anyone ever kitted the Proctor. Simple but accurate, even if it was moulded in yellow!
Regards
Kit

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I well remember the yellow :cool:

FROG made a lot of subjects not covered by other manufacturers. The other thing clear about the Proctor was it was in the Gold Medal series which had the tokens on the box that could be collected and redeemed against future purchases :smile: .

Their kits always seemed a little bit special..........it was a sad day when FROG croaked :sad:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

kit
Trident
Trident

Post by kit »

I agree 100% Garry!

To some extent Matchbox took over Frog's mantle of the 'weird and wonderful' kit manufacturer. Who else would have done a Wellesley for instance?

I digress though, as usual. I may just haul that Proctor kit downstairs and see what can be done with it. What schemes were post war Proctors painted in? I can't recall seeing an RAF one, just the Prentice sticks in my mind from then.
Regards
Kit

Tom Everitt AFG
Victor
Victor

Post by Tom Everitt AFG »

I've only ever seen camouflage Proctor IV's (the subject of the Frog Kit)

There were a small number of all over silver Mk V's and one silver example with RAF tail flash but G-AHGN on the fuselage which was used by the British Civil Air Attaché in the USA.

I've just finished the Frog kit for someone at work. I'll post a pic when I get home.

Tom.