Brooklands 1/5/06 (56K users - Caution, 18 pictures!)

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

andy

Post by andy »

TobyVickers wrote::shock:

:poke:

Actually I have reason to believe the car's previous owner was an OAP...
You found the walking frame in the back..................... :doh: :lol:

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Nothing wrong with Rovers :lol: Id take any of the fleet over its rivals... well perhaps save the 45. :lol:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

There be no Rover beating on here! :poke: :lol: :lol:

Excellent choice Toby and the K (or T) series is an excellent motor! :dance:

Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

andy

Post by andy »

So that's a No16, with flied lice, an' L'over sauce.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jetstreamsky
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Brooklands 1/5/06 (56K users - Caution, 18 pictures!)

Post by Jetstreamsky »

TobyVickers wrote: Image
Hawker P.1127... not really sure why Brooklands has various Hawker types - I assume some work was subcontracted to Vickers/BAC? Or it could be because theres nothing left at Kingston or Dunsfold now?
Actually we did a lot of work on Sea harrier FRSMK1 and FRSMK51 electrical design at Weybridge, before it closed down and we relocated at Kingston, plus a number of us were seconded to kingston in the early 80s to support Harrier mods the Navy needed down South, way South. :-$

Allan

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Brooklands 1/5/06 (56K users - Caution, 18 pictures!)

Post by TobyV »

Jetstreamsky wrote:Actually we did a lot of work on Sea harrier FRSMK1 and FRSMK51 electrical design at Weybridge, before it closed down and we relocated at Kingston, plus a number of us were seconded to kingston in the early 80s to support Harrier mods the Navy needed down South, way South. :-$

Allan
I read somewhere that the Navhars didnt like being south of the equator, any truth in that?

If you used to work at the Weybridge site and dont suppose you have any old photos at all? I started a scenery for it but stopped because its so hard to find decent maps and photos of the buildings to the south of the site (both sides of the runway).

Toby

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Toby

Is the film "Those magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines" any use as it was filmed in part at Brooklands

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Pssssssttttttt Garry - it was filmed at Booker I think

Leif :think:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I used to have one of those books they soild at films and it said Brooklands

The control tower certainly looks like it

In reality it would have been film in many locations but my hope was if some was shot arround the back at Brooklands then that might just trow up a little detail.

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Jetstreamsky
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Jetstreamsky »

You might be right about the Navhars, there were a number of issues that came up, there always are when you do something no one ever thought it would be asked to do. Mostly we were increasing weapons count, types and integration, various performance enhancements, etc, on all marks that were pressed into service including 2 seaters. When we started on what became FA2s, they decided to close Weybridge so we took the whole kit and caboodle back to Kingston to complete design for manufacture at Dunsfold, after that GR5, 5A, 7, II+, T8, T10 and other special projects transferring all that to Farnborough when they closed Kingston. Unfortunately you don't think about taking pics of old buildings when you work there and cameras in general were frowned upon, so I can't help with any pics, but I can confirm Brooklands was featured in the movie, remember the banked track scene with the fire engine chasing the various doomed aircraft and the sewage plant in the balloon shoot out.

Allan