Barton - Is this the ultimate test in the UK?

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

I once (about 1976) lent my helmet to a friend who was going to test fly a Baby Great Lakes , which he had built , out of Barton. He came back and said that the aeroplane was super , but that my helmet was not in such good shape.It turned out that even at a slow cruise it developed so much lift that it was strangling him, so he took it off and jettisoned it in a lake called Carr Mill Dam at St Helens!

I am a very slow learner, because later he asked to borrow a rather beautiful 3 bladed wooden prop to test run a new engine in his workshop. I agreed, and the engine ran beautifully. Unfortunately, he omitted to bolt it down first, and it chased him round the workshop before the prop disintegrated!

Chris

mulletman
Viscount
Viscount

Post by mulletman »

DaveB wrote:After comparing the UK2000 Old Warden and a shot from Google Earth.. the reason become blindingly obvious.. fences and trees where there shouldn't be any :-$ Most infuriating!!
Maybe theres a nice scenery designer on here that will make some nice free stuff :wink: :lol:

Garry Summons, i beleve (dont quote me) plans to update some of his older scenerys, as well as move into Scoland and ireland. Lets just hope Horizon/Getmapping doo too. Its long term though (hes being honest). 2008 before they are even nearly all completed.

I use the scenery from Tiger4free.zip for Barton, and authough it makes for a tricky approach, and you can see the default autogen poking through the scenery, its fun. Has a few Tiger moths flying around too :smile:
Image Image
Yes...and... I Like my Boeings.

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

I hope it does get updated, especially the extension of vfr into Scotland.
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!