Prentice over West Sussex in the rain!

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Kevin
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Kevin »

Just to add a little, there would also be a clip-on orange panel inside the windscreen to complete the student's immersion in 'synthetic night'.

For pretty obvious reasons, you need that part removable for normal flying :lol:

Kevin

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

You will also find a very small hole on the left wall of the cockpit...This was to poke the end of the Goggles vent tube out of...The tube just stuck out into the airflow and sucked a flow through the goggles to stop them steaming up. The goggles had a very dark blue glass and what you saw through them was rather claustrophobic and frightening. With all the amber screens in place and your vented goggles on, ALL you could see was the white needles and division marks on the dials of the instruments...You could put the IR lighting on to make these glow more brightly. That was ALL you could see...Everything else was a black as Newgate's Knocker :roll:

You have to experience this and fly the aircraft using it in various patterns to realise how horrible an experience that was...No sweat for the instructor of course...He had no goggles and could see the world through the Amber Screens.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Sounds more like training to fly the aircraft under the influence of hallucinagenics (sp?) :lol: Still its quite a neat way of achieving "nighttime", if a little unpleasant for the student. Do any other single engined trainers have similar arrangements?

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Yes I think so Toby, but not that I ever flew...I went onto the Harvard from the Prentice...I seem to recollect seeing a Baliol with two stage amber, but I may be wrong about that :smile:

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

Harvard's a great-looking radial trainer. Are there any of those for FS around?
Peter'll be an expert on them I'm sure! :)

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

One at Surclaro (prent51.zip) for FS2002 - no idea what it is like - only found it yesterday as a result of this thread.

Vixus
Victor
Victor

Post by Vixus »

There's no beta available anymore as far as I can see, so I'll check this one out? :dunno:

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Vixus wrote:Harvard's a great-looking radial trainer. Are there any of those for FS around?
Peter'll be an expert on them I'm sure! :)
I did fly a beta and didn't like it. I don't think it was ever released and I don't have one on my system :think:

Moses03
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Moses03 »

Nice pics! :smile:

Moses
"Pining For The Pork Of The Porcupine"

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

I've got one for you Vix.

Nice prentice! I notice someone has a car out on the circuit too!
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"