Oops...first attempt...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

DanKH wrote:And I think you might be a little more than a wee better than me, as I never actually flown an aircraft myself....and I wasn't fortune enough to try to land in Kai Tak as a passenger either... but that doesn't calm down my fascination of this magnificent airport and its special approach.
Dan, I've never flown an aircraft either - in those heady BOAC days I was a lowly steward. By the time I retired I had become a highly steward! But I did get plenty of opportunities to sit on the flight deck and see what was going on. But I've always loved Kai Tak - it had an atmosphere like nowhere else and it was a sad day when it closed. It has always been my favourite airport in FS and I practised landing on the disused runway there while I waited for some decent scenery to be released. I snapped up the payware as soon as it came out - had the freeware been available I would, no doubt, have used that. It does look very good and I'd appreciate some more screenshots when you have time - maybe once you can dangle the dunlops over the tarmac! :smile:

Cheers for now

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I was about to post "where did you reappear from Ian?"... but then I checked I saw that you been posting again recently, after nearly 2 years absence... :think:

Anyway, in the immortal words of Richard Madeley... "Welcome back!" :lol:

Keith Jones
Victor
Victor

Post by Keith Jones »

Jetset wrote:
Keith Jones wrote:Will the AI fly the checkerboard approach? If so then someone has done a fantastic job. I've been trying on and off for a couple of years to work out how to get the AI to fly that approach, but no matter what I tried all the aircraft flew through the mountains to get to the runway.
Only one way to find out, fire it up and give it a go!

Installing as we speak :wink:
Wherever you go, there you are.

Keith Jones
Victor
Victor

Post by Keith Jones »

Stunning. It's amazing what someone can do when they know what they're looking for :lol:

Great stuff, Jim and team.
Wherever you go, there you are.

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

speedbird591 wrote:I'd appreciate some more screenshots when you have time - maybe once you can dangle the dunlops over the tarmac!
I would have give my right arm to try out one of those approaches myself. (I can easily say that, now there's no danger of loosing an arm :worried: )

Anyway I'll do my best, and try to catch some more appropriate screenies that do serve the old VC10 a little more gracefully than the one I'd put up before. :redface:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

mulletman
Viscount
Viscount

Post by mulletman »

speedbird591 wrote: here's a similar screenshot using the payware (sorry!), but pretty realistic, Hong Kong 2004.
I got that (for £10) installed it, and then uninstalled it 10 mins later. I also sent it back for a refund. Authough Kai Tak itself is stunning, outside that area (VHHH and the little reional to the north) look crap, and the tile repition and lack of autogen put me right off.

I downloaded the free one, but didnt get round to installing it. In all honesty im surprised that one of the major developers like FlyTampa, Aerosoft of simalar have not taken up the Kai Tak challenge. Same goes for TNCM, authough the current free Juliana scenery is quite stunning as it is.
Image Image
Yes...and... I Like my Boeings.

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Just unearthed this landing sequence that I posted a couple of years ago which most of you probably haven't seen.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

A fine pitter-patter landing there Ian :smile: Lovely shots :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

DaveB wrote:A fine pitter-patter landing there Ian :smile:
I think my original caption for that one was "pitter-patter little star - what a clever boy you are!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

speedbird591 wrote:Dan - And airboatr - thanks for the compliment, but the more eagle-eyed out there will see that I was really stationary. Just posing for the picture. I'm not that good, but perhaps a wee bit better than Dan!
:-$ Dan I really kinda figured that as I didn't see the whisps of tire smoke pulled into the vortex.
sory mate, but true..............
I do like the snapshots :wink: