FSX Video

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Erich
Meteor
Meteor

FSX Video

Post by Erich »

Go to the http://www.simflight.com homepage and download the first official video. Stunning.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Did you see the downdraft from that Jetranger!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Please tell me that wasn't just CGI. and when are we going to loose the jumbo?

Very nice stuff! :smile:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Ben Watson wrote:..... and when are we going to loose the jumbo?
Which jumbo are you refering to? We are gaining some jumbo's (african elephants). And the only jet liner I have seen is the 747 (the original jumbo).
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

andy

Post by andy »

blanston12 wrote:
Ben Watson wrote:..... and when are we going to loose the jumbo?
Which jumbo are you refering to? We are gaining some jumbo's (african elephants). And the only jet liner I have seen is the 747 (the original jumbo).
While M$ could "shake the dice" when it comes to the aircraft which are included in the sim...................how many of us fly the default aircraft?

There's a mass of freeware addons out there. Most are much better quality, too. :wink:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That is very true Steve. I use the default Cessna for certain situations to ensure that the sim is 'standard' for the aircraft I'm going to fly. I honestly don't know anyone who actually flies the default cr@p :wink: I thought I'd be adventurous and fly the default Cub this evening (playing with TrackIR) and found I don't even have it!! :lol: :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

I've just watched certain points of that vid several times over and do you know what I could make out..... s s st st stutter !
For f*ck sake when will they learn :doh:
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Granted, I don't use the default AC much, the default AC I used the most are probably the Lear, J3 Cub and DC-3. For the base AC they really had not updated the models since the days of FS2000 but from the previews it looks like they are doing that for FSX, so I am hopeful.

I do hope they retain the J3 Cub and DC-3 for FSX, the rest of the historic AC were not ones I would want to fly regularly.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

certainly looks a good game but is it a good sim.

OK so you can do a spectacular rescue off an oil rig and watch the elephants walking along the plains.

Fine

Great

But can you fly a proper airway?

Can you fly over the poles?

On leaving East Midlands is Chicago still on the way to New York

Very impressive graphics there, no doubt but what is it like to sit in ths cockpit and operate the aeroplane.

The logos say it all Microsoft Games and that is how they see it.

But we are looking for a flight sim. It might be there and too 'boring' for the video

I am impressed but while one is lost in the wonderment of the graphics are any of the seroius sim questions being answered?

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

The graphics don't do it for me. Look at other new games out now and they all look far better. MS have just taken the FS2000 graphics engine and updated it again and again. Sorry but's it's looking dated now.

I hope another company makes a sim and gives them some proper competition. Only then will we see a good game produced for us by MS.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I suppose it is easy where we are to be critical of the default aircraft.. infact, the default sim as it stands but.. it is worth noting that for some folk, FSX will be their first experience of the sim and what they will see compared to what we all saw many moons ago will look pretty real. The default scenery, aircraft, ATC, wx will be a place for them to learn and to build on a lot more than it will be for us. Given time, they'll undoubtedly turn out like us.. wanting more for little performance overhead and when that happens.. there will be little to choose between us :wink: They will have 'Joined the Club' :crying:

Let's face it.. anything that manages to exceed 'Rockie' in terms of remakes and still manages to capture our interest can't be all bad :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!