Stream Landing...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Well, there is an even older freeware method called "Print Screen" it resides at the right of your keyboard, mostly above the Insert-key...

really does wonders, and you can use it as many times you want, as long as you have payed for a keyboard.....

:wink:

Oh, and one more goodie: it isn't hooked up to any short-cut keys in FS....
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Jetset
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Jetset »

Where do the screen shots go when you press print screen? I have used it a few times, but never seem to be able to find my piccies. :think:
Onwards and Upwards!!!!!!!!
Jetty!
If God had of meant us to fly, he would have given us wings! He did, it's called an aeroplane!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

The clipboard Jetty. You just need to paste them as you go along into your preferred image editor. Unlike these all singing all dancing programs that some people use though, pressing Print Screen a second time will overwrite the image in the clipboard with the one you have just "taken", so beware!

airboatr

Post by airboatr »

Thank you peter for the informative reply
in this case I think "be careful what you ask for" might have been a good headliner to start it with. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've been busy the last few days with lief on understanding
scenery(yo leif) keeping me from setting some time to carefully read your reply
there are alot of terms I'm seeing for the first time,
it kinda sounds like you've managed to insert the
proverbial circle in the square hole, or in this situation the :k: triangle in the circle :wink:
defently in my list of things to try
cheers
>
>
Jetty asks about screenshots
Hi jetty I kinda do it in this manner
fly my mission and then replay it (or some times pop outside the aircraft during flight) and find the angle I want to best express my memory of the flight
hit the print screen key and then open paint or photoshop , or whatever you have
in file open a new doc so I see a blank whit page and then hit crtl+v (in paint you just open the prog and hit crtl+V)
and as the old saying goes........
bob's your uncle
:lol: :lol:

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

TobyVickers wrote:Unlike these all singing all dancing programs that some people use though, pressing Print Screen a second time will overwrite the image in the clipboard with the one you have just "taken", so beware!
And it even works with other programs too :-)

If you paste it into Paint, remember to save it as a jpg, as the default bmp weighs in about 2-300% of a jpg.

A small tip:

If you have multiple windows open at your desktop, pressing ALT-"Print Scrn" will take a snapshot of the active window only. This is convenient, if you just want eg. a snapshot of the event from eventviewer, instead of the whole background as well.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

DanKH wrote:
TobyVickers wrote:Unlike these all singing all dancing programs that some people use though, pressing Print Screen a second time will overwrite the image in the clipboard with the one you have just "taken", so beware!
And it even works with other programs too :-)

If you paste it into Paint, remember to save it as a jpg, as the default bmp weighs in about 2-300% of a jpg.

A small tip:

If you have multiple windows open at your desktop, pressing ALT-"Print Scrn" will take a snapshot of the active window only. This is convenient, if you just want eg. a snapshot of the event from eventviewer, instead of the whole background as well.
All my shots are taken in Full Screen Mode as I never use Flight Simulator in Windowed Mode...Hence the software to take screenshots :roll:

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Me neither, I only provided the tip for use in other situations...

I use Print Scrn in FS, also in full mode, hence the refractoring in Paint, to the correct size and type.
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image