Catalina in paradise (56k warning)

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

mulletman
Viscount
Viscount

Post by mulletman »

wow, now they are impressive. Are they like that mid atlantic too, or just the coastlines? (becuse i would imagine that that, beautiful though it is, wouldnt suite the entire planet)
Image Image
Yes...and... I Like my Boeings.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Eddie wrote:
They look ok in the Carribean but still need work back towards our shores
Eddie, I don't think the default textures look too bad around the Caribbean (1 x R.. 2 x B :wink: ) mate but it's elsewhere they fall over. I have to say that those don't look half bad either but having been a sailor for 16years.. I've rarely seen sea's that look that colour. Granted.. I was seeing them from sea level and not on high so 99% of sea textures look wrong to me anyway!! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

As a proud Catalina Society member, it's great to see a Cat! Time to get out my parents credit cards as that Alphasim Cat is a must for cat lovers like me!!! :dance:
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

DaveB wrote: I have to say that those don't look half bad either but having been a sailor for 16years.. I've rarely seen sea's that look that colour. Granted.. I was seeing them from sea level and not on high so 99% of sea textures look wrong to me anyway!! :lol:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
Hi Dave,

cheers, I agree though that the textures probably lack that little bit of realism in relation to the colour. IMHO I don't think I've seen sea quite that colour but I don't think its way off. The animation of the textures that came with the package is nice . Obviously I can't show it in still photo's, but the waves & trickling of the water, especially viewed from the air, is really good. BTW the package I downloaded for most of these textures is called darker_water_v2.zip, available from AVSIM.

Worth a look in folks! :wink:

ATB
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image