Air Anglia DC-3

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Air Anglia DC-3

Post by RAF_Quantum »

A few more screenshots here : http://www.cbfsim.org/cbfsimv5/cbfsbb/v ... php?t=8619

Rgds

John

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Air Anglia DC3

Post by Tomliner »

Hi john
Was 'JV ever owned by British Midland?I remember flying to Sandown IOW from East Mids in 1967 on G-ANTD and returning from Eastleigh but only as far as Birmingham due to tech probs on what I think was 'JV.The reason for not retuning from Sandown was bad weather and heavy rain and I think that Sandown was only grass.This was a scheduled service.ATB EricT.
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi Eric,

Yes 'JV was owned by BMA at one time. Here is a pic of it in cargo guise and I'm guessing but I would think it probably flew pax before that.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0907604/L/

Rgds

John

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

Can't find anything definitive, but 'GJV belonged to Derby Aviation/BMA from 1961 to 1969. Certainly used for passengers work in the early years.

First Viscounts arrived in 1967, but grounding of Argonauts after Manchester crash in 1967 could have brought Dakotas back into pax use. All speculation!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Weird

I answered this post hours ago but for some reason the post has vanished....twice this week :dunno:

Sounds about right Ian

By 1967 BMA only had one Dak left presumably G-ANTD as that was painted into the BM livery.

With the loss of the Canadair Four fleet..... for the summer at least one stored Dak was brought back into pax service for that year...not mention but presumably G-AGJV and seems to have been in freight service the following year.

Because it had been withdrawn it was not, like 'NTD painted in the BM livery but as the photo shows had the later BMA (post BM) logo on the pre BM livery.......a bit of a mix.

Difficult to prove anything but it fits

It is worth mentioning I have a pic somewhere I took of a Channel Dak that had bee brought back into service when they damaged two HS.748 in one day.

Yet I don't see this recorded as such. G-AMDB I think it was. I went up the airport and was shocked to see it there as we had not had one for a couple of years.

So no doubt BM did the same but things were not recorded by the public as they are now.

I doubt if they said much....bringing back old retired Daks to replace crashed more modern types is not something they would brag about.

So I would think more slipped in on the secondary routes and hope no one noticed :-$

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

I answered this post hours ago but for some reason the post has vanished....twice this week
censorship :lol:

I think not - I guess I was surpised that no one had added to John's answer :wink:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Nice if it were Ian :lol: :lol:

This happens now and then. I enter it but it doesn't.

Maybe it has certain standards :think:

I should check each time :sad:

But it's there now

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Air Anglia DC3

Post by Tomliner »

Hi John & Garry.
Thanks for that.I do seem to recall that ANTD was in BMA livery but AGJV was unmarked other than white on top.BTW many years later while doing (telecomms) work for BMI I recall a BMI engineer saying that 'TD was often referred to as Tear Drop !.ATB EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!