FSX SP1 Out Now..............

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

FSX SP1 Out Now..............

Post by Trev Clark »

ATB Trev

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Well, IT WORKS :dance: :dance: :dance:
As a patch it is really good, I am getting 23FPS (locked) and the stutters have been reduced by half! I can now run the sim with all sliders at 50% even on my single core PC :crying:
Not tried it with VFR yet, but I suspect the area of autogen is where the improvements have come from, so it may not be as good with photoscenery.................all in all 8 out 10. Why did it not work like this out of the box :-#
ATB Trev

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

It's a really impressive patch I must admit, I certainly wasn't expecting this much of a performance increase. There are still a few rough edges that irk me a little however this is certainly a step in the right direction. Hopefully we'll see more of the same in the future.

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

The only thing I would say is fortunatly I do'nt/will not have it, it was released as a beta on the unsuspecting, maybe in 2 years if they release a complete new build which I very much doubt, I will not run on a installation relying on patches/updates etc I pay for a working whatever not someday a third party will fix our laxidazicale work. HOPEFULLY
Rich

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Rich wrote:The only thing I would say is fortunatly I do'nt/will not have it, it was released as a beta on the unsuspecting, maybe in 2 years if they release a complete new build which I very much doubt, I will not run on a installation relying on patches/updates etc I pay for a working whatever not someday a third party will fix our laxidazicale work. HOPEFULLY
So you don't run Windows then? :lol:
Dave G.

smithcorp
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by smithcorp »

Good results for me from the patch on my rather non-cutting-edge machine. Better fps and able to bump up autogen. Nice!

sketchy74
Vulcan
Vulcan
Location: Los Angeles, California, But an ExPat Brit from Cornwall

Post by sketchy74 »

All this positive feedback is starting to make me think I should get FSX.

I am really happy with my FS9 experience right now, I know this has probably been covered countless times, but is it definitely worth the move to FSX?

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

sketchy74 wrote:All this positive feedback is starting to make me think I should get FSX.

I am really happy with my FS9 experience right now, I know this has probably been covered countless times, but is it definitely worth the move to FSX?
Do not succumb to the lure of the dark side!! :tuttut: :lol:

AndyG