PMDG New Prices

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Pielstick
Meteor
Meteor

PMDG New Prices

Post by Pielstick »

Good afternoon gents, I haven't posted here for a long time, I've been content just to "lurk and learn".

There's been an interesting development for those of us who use payware addons. PMDG have changed the prices of their products from US Dollars to Euros, but have not adjusted the prices to take into account the exchange rates. The 747-400 from PMDG has been 54.95 US Dollars since its release in 2005. It is now 54.95 Euros. This means a 35% price rise for all PMDG products! This change has not been announced or highlighted on their website, and to all intents and purposes has come in under the radar.

Any posts regarding this are being deleted in their support forum and PMDG members are showing an astonishing level of arrogance towards their customers.

I would advise anyone with an interest in this matter to head over the FS9 forum at Avsim and add their voice to the growing number of very angry customers.

Cheers,

Nick
The two best tools in any engineer's inventory are brute force and ignorance and he should always live by the engineer's motto "Bodge it and scarper!"

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Well I guess we all have the right 'not to buy', they will then have to have a 'sale' :lol: I think the dollar pricing was a move to attract US based customers who would not buy in 'toytown' currencies a few years ago.
ATB Trev

kit
Trident
Trident

Re: PMDG New Prices

Post by kit »

Pielstick wrote:
Any posts regarding this are being deleted in their support forum and PMDG members are showing an astonishing level of arrogance towards their customers.
Hmm, that technique is becoming more and more common sad to say. Especially when the only form of comms with many such firms is via their Forum.

I could name names........

Corprorate Greed and Arrogance Rule OK........ :sad:
Regards
Kit

05pricej
Viscount
Viscount

Post by 05pricej »

hi this has been discussed on the airlinerxp forum. see this thread

http://www.airlinerxp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=360

i always thought they were a brilliant company till now. They just lost a customer

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Well this thread led me to here:-

http://www.airliner-xp.com/a320home.html

and I was fascinated to read every word of the small print...I find it very exciting and I can feel a bout of airline flying coming on when this machine is released :dance:

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

Indeed, it looks really good.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Jon.M
VC10
VC10

Post by Jon.M »

What a wizard wheeze. I think I'll start charging for my work in pounds sterling instead of Euros. Perfectly justifiable, I am English after all.
Thanks for the idea PMDG, sorry I won't be buying your 747-400. It was starting to look affordable but it just got too expensive again. :tuttut:

That Airliner XP A320 does sound good. I was looking for an Airbus recently but couldn't find anything to match the best of the Boeings. :sad:

Jon

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

If this is the case I will stick with my LevelD 767 which I love and forget 'upgrading' to the 'Queen of the Skies'.I will keep an eye on what happens.EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

BAe146
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BAe146 »

I'm glad I won my copy of the PMDG 747 at IFC Denver!
"Mankind has a perfect record in Aviation, We've never left anyone up there."

Andrew Page
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Andrew Page »

Thanks for that link, Peter. It looks as if AirlinerXP have a genuinely innovative and exciting product in the pipeline.

[Less happy to hear about PMDG's change of pricing policy. I don't think I'll be troubling their cashier.]

Andrew