The Rules!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

The Rules!

Post by DaveB »

Hello chaps.

After much deliberation, we have decided to have an area dedicated to the 'Payware' area of Flight Simulator. As the name suggests, it is to be used purely as a 'Head's Up' area and is NOT a showcase for payware developers to advertise their wares.
In the same spirit, you are asked NOT to link directly to a payware site as this could be construed as FREE advertising!!

Put simply, if you have bought a program be it a model, scenery or utility and think it worthy of comment, this is the area of the forum where you can do just that. It is also a suitable place for those who have painted a payware model to show it off on here and not in the main gallery... Tom Everitt's recent Lightning repaint being a good example :wink:

This is a totally new departure for us at CBFS and as such, policing of the area will be uncertain in the begining. Over policing of any forum is not desireable so I ask you all to abide by what few rules there are at present. Should more be necessary, they will be implemented immediately.

Have fun :D

DaveB
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

andy

Post by andy »

Dave,
According to "The rules"...............
>>After much deliberation, we have decided to have an area dedicated to the 'Payware' area of Flight Simulator. As the name suggests, it is to be used purely as a 'Head's Up' area and is NOT a showcase for payware developers to advertise their wares.<<

Why is Michael Davies allowed to blatantly advertise his payware developements for alphasims?

If there is to be a rule, it should apply to ALL of us, not some get away with it and others not.

Callum
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Callum »

Yup, that's why myt '10 hasn't been posted.

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

andy wrote:Dave,
According to "The rules"...............
>>After much deliberation, we have decided to have an area dedicated to the 'Payware' area of Flight Simulator. As the name suggests, it is to be used purely as a 'Head's Up' area and is NOT a showcase for payware developers to advertise their wares.<<

Why is Michael Davies allowed to blatantly advertise his payware developements for alphasims?

If there is to be a rule, it should apply to ALL of us, not some get away with it and others not.
It was a reply to Dave about a Merlin query, not Blatant advertising, and who the hell put you in charge of the CBFS police whilst we're at it !, you've had the needle at me for quite a while which is also against forum rules !. You needled me about image sizes yet others blatantly post bigger, but because l'm a big bad payware guy you had to poke the tiger.

For the record l dont work for Alphasim, l'm just finishing off some old work, read into that what you like....you usually do.

Admin, dont worry about banning me, l'm off, please delete my account, sometimes l aint proud to be British !.

Outta here.

Addendum supposed PAYWARE ADVERTISING post edited to suit Andy

Callum
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Callum »

:roll: I thought I found a forum where the levels of maturity were higher than the average three year olds :doh:

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by DanKH »

It normally is, but it seems to be all to easy to use foul language and finger-pointing when safely hidden behind keyboard and monitor.... :roll:
Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Oh dear...

Mr.A should have gone to bed when I did last night!!

There is not one set of rules for one group/individual and one set for another. I had seen Michael's WIP preview of the RN Merlin and thought it was nice of him to do so.. NOT 'Why's that git flogging his wares on here' :shock: To all intents, there was not going to be an RN Merlin and Michael was aware that there was a good deal of interest on here. As it happens, I went ahead and bought the RAF version anyway and threw the freeware RN paint at it but Michael was not to know this.

Strictly speaking.. it is not for payware bod's to flog their wares on here but in all honesty, I didn't consider this to be what was happening. Although Michael is obviously an integrated part of Alpha's payware machine, he doesn't actually sell them himself and the shot's he posted were not linked (as far as I can remember) to the Alpha site but were one's taken on his own pc.

Do none of you have day's when you just want to let something go.. even though the content/situation isn't strictly correct but the end result is harmless??? I'm just not perfect enough I suppose.

Regards

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Michael davies
Trident
Trident

Post by Michael davies »

Having picked my dummy and teddy up l'd like to further add something.

The images were not ment to be payware previews, l'm acutely aware of how many at CBFS view such things, however l took the risk as to not do so could have illicited further debate at a later date.

When the Seaking was released many bought the UK version when they really wanted the US version, unbeknown to them, and to us, the US version was not planned, but due to popular demand we decided to release the US version seperately and we got hammered for it.

The Merlin post was an attempt (poor) to warn those that had not yet got the RAF version (because they really wanted the RN version) from buying the RAF version as second best, in short an attempt to prewarn those thinking of buying the RAF version and later regretting it when the RN version appeared and thus keeping there hard earned cash in there pocket.

So sorry if l spat the dummy out, used foul language, pointed fingers and hid behind a keyboard but l just get insanely cross when all you do is try and help and others cannot see anything but bad.

Next time l shall be a trite more careful.

Kindest

Michael

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

I hope that Andy will now have the good grace to apologise

Christopher Storey

andy

Post by andy »

Apologise for what? Asking a question? :lol: