New toy coming up

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DanKH
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

New toy coming up

Post by DanKH »

Best Rgds
Dan
Image Image
Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: New toy coming up

Post by airboatr »

800 bucks?
yeah I'm in, .................me checks in the mail

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
they couldn't deliver FSX or Vista with all the features they promised
so I ain't holding my breath on this one. :roll:

however Dan it do sound tantalizing
and it did give me a good laugh to start my day
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
800.00 dallars...........

Of course I understand the market targeted
but still.........

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

So this is what Aces have been spending their time on is it? Hardly suprising that FSX, SP1 and SP2 haven't had enough effort in order to get right. I've seen more spin from Phil Taylor over the mistakes they've made than I get from my washing machine :@

Regards,
Chris

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

A question before I part with my money..... Does it use FSX and Vista Home Premium, if yes then please do you accept a cheque drawn on the bank of Mogodishu?

because you have more chance of getting the money out of them than me :dancer:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Guys... Its clear the pair of you are on your anti MS mode, but I think your you'll find the reason that FSX has mad so many changes is that it will probably use this as the next gen engine.... lets hope for all our sakes that its very good and we get to see it in all its glory in FS11... I really doubt that FS11 will be very backward compatible at all though... not necessarily a bad thing, but something we should all be aware of. ;-)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Thats exactly what I was sayin legion only in a single sentence... I didn't say FSX would be developed further, I said that FSX will probably use this as the next generation engine... typo. What I should have said was that FS11 will use this as the next generation engine.

Re Vista, MS definately screwed up with DX10, theres no question... other than that I've had no problems other than some early compatability probles with a cisco VPN client software. It works well, but it is different, funnily I remember well people making the same noises when XP was realeased.

Re FSX, on my system, and I was lucky enough to be able to by a new one at the beginning of the year, I would never go back to FS9. I give you that this will not be the position for the majority, but it works for me.

Where MS have failed badly with FSX is that the SDK has been change 3 times in one year, meaning that the goalposts have moved 3 times for the developers, which isn't conducive to rollong out lots of new models. They greatly underestimated how much the flightSimulator product relies on 3rd party addons for its success.

One thing I would like to say, much as I agree that FSX is a bit like FS2002 in terms of the developement lifecycle of Flight simulator, its great to see people developing for it now. The reason I say this is when FS11 comes out, the new techniques learned from FSX should mean that developers can hit the ground running with FS11, in much the same way as they did from 2002 to 2004. If we all just sat on our hands we'd get nowhere.

So heres to those who are still enjoying FS9, here's to those who enjoy FSX and most i'mportantly heres to the developers, who, regardless of the version of the sim, continue to push the boundrys and give us all great models.

ImageImageImage

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

tell ya what.....
I think all this talk about Vista and FSX can be summed up in one word.

crap

((preferable spoken with a hard Scottish accent .......Kadddrap!)

call for HELP from MS and all they say is RTFM and try to make me feel like STUPID
:think:
i think not :fart:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Maybe Linux is more your cuppa tea :roll:

ImageImageImage

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

nope
just expect that if a company says it's gonna do it
it should.
it certainly has the financial backing and the know how
It's just down to getting the job done,
I don't get to offer excuses for my work
I have the customer who wants the electrical system and the Inspectors
who will review my work to make sure it's done as per code.

since I don't even think about cutting corners. I don't have a problem with either.

if your going to do it... do it properly.
isn't that right... or what?

my view Ben
the only excuse I see people these days not to do it right seams to be is that it cuts into the profit margins.
Well I dare say I can't see any thing more damaging to the profit margin but to build a bad reputation.
and to say maybe I should just jump ship or like what I'm being dished is to enable the process of such buisness practices.

Microsoft needs to get to it. We the customer deserve it. and if they won't ........well then maybe another OS is the answer

Necessity is the mother of invention, my friend :)

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I guess its horses for courses Joe, I've no complaints with Vista and have been using it for over a year now in work and at home. The only thing that eirks me is i keep forgeting to elevate privilages to flush the dns cache when I'm doing testing at work.

I'd say as an OS Vista is pretty sound, it protects the OS from home users who don't know how it works and used to break it by playing with files folders etc that they knew little or nothing about... equaly from a business angle it finally ditches some of the old legacy stuff which made previous versions vunerable.

I can only speak from my own experience which has been a very positive one.

ImageImageImage