3d lights

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

jostytosty
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

3d lights

Post by jostytosty »

Shockwave 3D lights is a small yet beautiful addon to FSX (and fs9?) planes and certainly to the classic British birds.
I made a small file containing the Shockwave setup for Rick Pipers wonderful HS748 (AVSIM.COM look for: fx-shockwave__for_hs748.zip) Thanks to these 3d lights, the sim get's richer and more real. Nice thing this (dark) time of year.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Re: 3d lights

Post by Trev Clark »

Hi and welcome josty!
I have heard good things about this add on but alas am stuck (by choice ;-) ) in FS9 land, where I do not think they will work. Can anybody expand on this?
ATB Trev

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

I'm sure I've read they do work in FS9 given the right settings. I don't use FSX so I'm not going to risk it.

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

They are designed to work in FSX and I don't think FS9 is capable of displaying them due to the types of textures used.

Jostytosty, if you like the current 3D lights you are going to love what I have been testing for the last couple of weeks! :o

Shockwave 3D Lights Redux!

Instead of a single landing light there are now 19 thats NINETEEN different styles of landing light! :dancer:

There are wide ones and narrow ones, lights that cast on surfaces and lights that don't, lights with a hint of yellow to represent the old filament style bulbs (suitable for pre-60's aircraft), white ones for halogen and lights with a hint of blue for the new Xenon bulbs. There are even lights designed to cope with the multiple lights found on the gear of modern tubeliners.

This time SW didn't stop at just landing lights either! ALL the available lights have been redone with new nav lights, rotating beacons, new VC lights and a set of very bright strobes that have different timings so that you can get them going in and out of sync instead of them all going on and off in unison.

It has totally transformed my night flights and I am having a blast testing them. ;-)
Larry

Kofi
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Kofi »

hinch wrote:I'm sure I've read they do work in FS9 given the right settings. I don't use FSX so I'm not going to risk it.
Good thing you didn't risk it because they won't work in FS2004....