Next From Skysim!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Next From Skysim!

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Guys

Most of you know i am making some stuff for Skysim.
(My freeware is still going but will be on Pause for a while).
I need to put food on the table just like everyone else and i like the Skysim Concept :thumbsup:

Anyway

Hopefully ready for sale around Easter time 2008.

So far it's full FSX sp2 spec and full 3d clickable VC with not a single 2d gauge other than a popup default GPS.
i will convert to FS9 spec at a later date if FSX is still not popular by then.

every gauge,knob,button,switch & lever i have made so far does exactly what the flight manual says it should.

Apologies to UKMIL chaps as i started it a few months back but kept it secret till i was happy with my data gathering.

Many thanks to Scampton for my Visit which was a real mindblowing experience (Thanks John xwink ) now the inside looks like it should

(proper clockwork T1 stuff!) :welldone:

PS: i did check With Iris Simulations that David was not about to rebuild His Hawk before i started the build xwink

Regards
Rick :cpu:

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Next From Skysim!

Post by airboatr »

-
Last edited by airboatr on 24 Apr 2008, 06:04, edited 1 time in total.

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Appalling...

...ly nice looking Rick. Shame you've had to put the freeware bits and pieces on hold, but hey-ho, as you say, one needs to make a living, and no-one can moan about that. :) Look forward to seeing the finished article. xsmile
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Rick, its about time you went 'pro'. Looking at your catalogue of models, it seems each and every one of them is the definitive example of the type. I sincerely hope its a fruitful and lucrative venture for you. One can only wonder if Messrs. Maltby, Garwood and Palmer will be lured away too! ;-)

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Oh boy am I going to be waiting for this! The Hawk is one of my favourite jets to fly (I currently have the freeware Iris one) but since I put Acceleration on here I have had a problem with the VC that I have not been able to resolve. The back panel to the gauges and the HUD have turned into a giant mirror and reflect everything behind me. I have tried changing the alpha channel on the obvious files to no avail and I am beginning to suspect it is model related. :'(

I guess I will have to park it at the back of the hangar for now and wait for Rick's next beauty! :welldone:

Will there be a paintkit available at some point for the new Hawk Rick?
Larry

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Does this mean I can post some screenies Rick? :$
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Ben

Yes if you like mate.

Regards
Rick xsmile

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Hmmm Mine is being a girl, doesnt want to get airborne :brick: ... Does i have an old version Rick? Ive not tried again but will have a go in the morning again

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi Chris

It's been a flyer for a few months and nothing is different to the other testers.

Do you have FSX & SP2 installed (not sure if it needs SP2 to work) everyone else thats testing is on SP2 and flying.

Beta stuff is a lot better for me via PM or e mail rather than on this public forum :roll:

Regards
Rick

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

This is a silly grin airplane, everytime you fly it it leaves you with a silly grin... I can't emphisise how much I am enjoying flying this! :dancer:

First Beta in an MP with Rick, can't remember if Rick or I took this shot, but shows the joy of the Hawks forming up. :thumbsup:

This is an early beta, but I love the shot, low over the Forth

These are all the current beta, in and arround EGOD... our flight testing ground...

Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage