Aerosoft's FSX Catalina

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Aerosoft's FSX Catalina

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Are you able to start, then keep running without destroying, the engines in realistic mode?
I have the A2A P47 and with accusim and full real the engine is startable, manageable and with correct management usable.
With the Catalina I feel like a one arm bandit trying to start it. A frustrated juggler trying to keep those radials running. A bad mechanic trying not to break them.
In fact I can't be bothered to fly in realistic mode with the Cat. You get them running, turn round to tweak some switch or dial, then by the time you turn back the engines are running rough and dying on you.
There's also a nice can't stop the engine turning bug you might encounter but possibly patched by now.

BTW I have a quad core and the Cat IS a frame eater but flys okay for me.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

In fact I can't be bothered to fly in realistic mode with the Cat.
Hello mate :hello:

That makes two of us :lol: I've not flown it a great deal since I bought it but I've found that model variations play a role in how bad FR's are hit. I'd only been using the WWII Vingtor paint then decided to try JC's 'Calypso' model and for whatever reason, this ran better :dunno: Strange but true *-)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

You've got to keep giving it a shot of prime when the revs drop a bit until it warms up :)
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.