Heads Up - Beware!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Heads Up - Beware!

Post by Chris Trott »

Agreed, I didn't see those in the screenshots. But yes, those are BMP-1's.

As for the LAV/Strykers, It's one of those things where I think the models are of a version of the LAV that was never actually accepted by the Marine Corps but tested. They were looking (back in the mid-1990s) to have everything LAV-mounted and get rid of the M1's as they were "too heavy". They had everything from a 110MM smoothbore with an autoloader, to a 100MM+ mortar carrier, to a command vehicle, to a dedicated anti-tank mount (which is what that model appears to be). The Army is now doing the same thing with the Stryker, so we'll see if anything actually comes of it.

fsafranek
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by fsafranek »

Some well published reviewer at Flightsim seems to feel differently.

http://www.flightsim.com/main/review/usmcpak.htm

Is the scenery for sale there perhaps? :dunno:

CHEERS
Frank Safranek (Alphasim Paint Crew)
Mirage Aircraft for Flight Simulator
http://www.mirage4fs.com/

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I dunno Frank but I tend to read that a little differently.. it seems very 'tongue in cheek' ;-) I think there may be some unwritten law that if a piece of software is going to be reviewed.. they are not allowed to 'slag it off'. I was very much amused by the word in brackets.. (apparently) :lol: Much of the review is made up of quotes from the head man at Eagle which, I suppose, allows the reviewer to be happy that he's not personally said it's 'good' while not actually saying it's bad ;-)

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Mickey D
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Mickey D »

No-one's mentioned the fact that it's built from mostly default FSX objects accessable with any good scenery placement program. I think it's time to dig out all the sceneries languishing in the dark recesses of my HD that I considered crap. If people are buying that they'll be in raptures over my worst ones. Time to make a kiling methinks. I have loads of AS stuff that went as freeware on AvSim. Maybe I could rehash it as FSX native now.

Order the Ferrari luv. :dance:
Mickey D
Team SDB Scenery Bloke

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

EDITED

CONFIRMED
:lol: