Alphasim Islander...

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Alphasim Islander...

Post by DaveG »

...is still on the go acording to Alphasims website. In a post on the main page it states:
...The BN-2 Islander project is proceeding well now after several months in the doldrums due to internal problems. The exterior models and textures are completed, we are working flat out now on the VC, aiming for a January release...
It was over a year ago since it was first previewed. I for one was quite looking foward to this.

We shall wait and see...
Dave G.

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: Alphasim Islander...

Post by VEGAS »

Don't demand it too early mate.

They might release it. :worried: :worried:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Tweek
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tweek »

The full thing:
Dec 11th

Forthcoming products update ! Just to let everyone know we are still working on several new products, despite the apparent lack of activity. The BN-2 Islander project is proceeding well now after several months in the doldrums due to internal problems. The exterior models and textures are completed, we are working flat out now on the VC, aiming for a January release. The C-17 VC has also progressed and currently not presenting any problems. The C-17 2D panel and gauges were completed over a year ago but it was decided to bring it more up to date and also try to achieve more similarity with the VC appearance. Release of the v1.1 update for existing owners is aimed the period mid-Jan to mid-Feb 2010. The Sepecat Jaguar project is in the final testing phase, the first release (the GR1 package) is likely to be in January '10. This will be FS9 only, although a later FSX conversion now looks likely (a free update). There will be subsequent packages for the GR1A, GR1B, GR3 and Indian AF versions, available as low-cost Expansion Packs to the GR1 version. The French Jaguar package will be native FSX as will the 2-seater package. These will be standalone packages. Other big FSX releases are in the works and progressing well.
Interested in the Jaguar news, although the thing about different expansion packs isn't exactly filling me with joy. I still consider the Jaguar to be my favourite aircraft, yet I haven't got a clue what the difference between a GR1A and a GR1B is (quite frankly, I don't care), and I certainly don't imagine there's enough of a difference to warrant seperate packs for them (assuming that all the variants are different packs, as the wording seems to suggest)! Can only hope low cost actually means low cost, unlike the Tornado F3 'expansion'.

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

I'll certainly be buying all the Jaguar packages as soon as they are released as FSX native versions.

Plymouthair
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Plymouthair »

Had an email from Alphasim not long ago, they expect it to be released mid January, hopefully !

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Oooo, I can't wait for that Islander either! :excited:

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Fungus_the_Bogeyman
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Fungus_the_Bogeyman »

Mid-Jan just went. Good ol' AS never dissappoints us. :Dance:

I hear when it does arrive there'll be no VC or 2D panel and the exterior model will follow 6 months after release at a small admin fee. :)
Fungus the Bogeyman.A mushroom. Kept in the dark for years and fed s**t.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please tell me you're joking.....

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

Of course he's not.....i heard through my friends 3 year old avid simmer that they are just releasing the sounds only but the FDE is still being tweaked..... B-)

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

As far as I know, they are trying a new concept *-)

They are just going to release paints and let freeware developers add models to them 8)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."